• The KillerFrogs

Coaches #4

cdsfrog

Rankings are fun to discuss but not worth worrying about right now. There are two scenarios that get us in without question IMO...... 13-0 and Big 12 champs or 12-1 with a close loss to one loss OU in Norman and a win over them in the title game. 12-1 with a loss to someone other than OU and a win over OU/OSU in the title game has a good chance as well. Anything else and we're out. My opinion.

Agree with anything else. Also add if ND goes undefeated from now or loss to Kansas/Baylor and we are out likely as well.

Endless Purple

And if you look at the points, they are almost ahead of us. That's the most maddening thing about this IMO. I'm not even sure they're one of the Top 20 teams in the country, and the fact that they can just skate by and beat one crap team after another (not all that impressively either) and maintain such a high ranking is a joke. That schedule of theirs is beyond pathetic.
Last week in the coaches poll, Wisconsin was ahead of TCU correct? So they are falling back with TCU passing them this week.

Either way, Agree that Wiscy is way too high

Wexahu

Last week in the coaches poll, Wisconsin was ahead of TCU correct? So they are falling back with TCU passing them this week.

Either way, Agree that Wiscy is way too high

Don’t know. All I know is I’m not impressed with Wisconsin, I think if they faced a good team they’d be screwed. Unfortunately that ain’t gonna until December.

Ron Swanson

Wondering how much they got to roll over and die intentionally?

So how do you guys think this went down? Do you think the coaches were told by the athletic director that they had to throw the game? And then do you think the coaches told all 105 players to throw the game? And then do you think all 105 players said OK let’s throw this game, and then all 105 players never told anyone?

Westsider

Because this is a completely different team in a completely different season with completely different players?

I don't care. Because of their complete ineptitude that year, we were kept out of playoffs and that had potential life/program changing repercussions for us that has lasted beyond our 2014 players, coaches and fans.

Smellslikeroses

tOSU is perfectly set up to jump back in the top 4. They have a bye week this week. #2 Penn plays Michigan this week and tOSU next (after their bye). No way Penn wins both games. Only decent win by Penn was a last second miracle against a very subpar Iowa team.

Georgia and Alabama also look to like they will play in the SEC championship game. If both are undefeated up to the Championship, you’ll see 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Ron Swanson

I don't care. Because of their complete ineptitude that year, we were kept out of playoffs and that had potential life/program changing repercussions for us that has lasted beyond our 2014 players, coaches and fans.
Yeah but your dislike for them has nothing to do with voters taking them seriously, which is what we’re talking about.

Ron Swanson

tOSU is perfectly set up to jump back in the top 4. They have a bye week this week. #2 Penn plays Michigan this week and tOSU next (after their bye). No way Penn wins both games. Only decent win by Penn was a last second miracle against a very subpar Iowa team.

Georgia and Alabama also look to like they will play in the SEC championship game. If both are undefeated up to the Championship, you’ll see 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Penn St, not Penn.

Penn is a whole different university

Purp

I think you're right. No way Penn would beat Michigan and tOSU back to back. Lucky for them those two teams aren't on the Ivy league schedule.

ETA: Since I know you're talking about Sandusky U, I'll go ahead and disagree also. I don't think it will take much for Penn State to hold Michigan to single digits and I don't think it's unrealistic for Barkley to get a couple scores. I think PSU wins that one fairly easily. the game against tOSU will be telling, but PSU has a good defense and the only one of those the suckeyes have faced thus far was against OU and it has become clear they aren't that good. Don't expect tOSU to score a bunch against PSU. I'm not sure how good PSU is, but I don't think winning their next three games is unrealistic even if they aren't a great team.

Westsider

Yeah but your dislike for them has nothing to do with voters taking them seriously, which is what we’re talking about.

Ok let me reword this.... because of how Wisky laid down and died in 2014, if I were a voter the thought of a replay of that scenario might linger in my mind and influence my vote today.

Jeez. Your argumentative today.

Ron Swanson

Ok let me reword this.... because of how Wisky laid down and died in 2014, if I were a voter the thought of a replay of that scenario might linger in my mind and influence my vote today.

Jeez. Your argumentative today.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, teams have bad games all the time in previous seasons and then they are forgotten in future seasons because it’s different teams.

Jackson

Looking at both the Coaches Poll & AP Poll it appears to me that Oklahoma State is getting screwed relative to both tOSU & Oklahoma......but this is how the game is played. tOSU gets owned by a 2 loss Oklahoma but they're then both over ranked in order to enhance tOSU's strength of schedule and minimize that "ARSS kicking" Oklahoma layed on them at home.
The politics of this 4 Team Playoff is ridiculous and the polls are all about keeping conference members "alive" while trying to kill non-members chances. One doesn't have to be very bright to figure out how to politically get away with self serving votes.