• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes' Post Game Comments RE: Coordinators

Frog-in-law1995

Tom Allen out in Illinois. He ran the 4-2-5 pretty well (albeit briefly) before getting promoted to HC. Don’t think there’s any connection south of the Mason-Dixon though.

Hemingway

You can be a complete arschloch too, just don’t try to circumvent the filters while calling them out.

I’ve been pretty adamant that in the past under Scott the ban hammer came down too quickly and we didn’t allow people to vent when needed. Now that we’re letting people vent we have a whole group that want the censors to step back in and make like everything is rainbows and lollipops and sunshine and unicorns.

I’d rather let people say what they’re feeling, especially after seasons like this one, but the mods know posts still have to follow the rules. No one is going to be kicked for venting, but posts that are over the top in violation of rules will be pulled and warning points awarded. The only person who was given a time out repeatedly violated that policy on purpose.

In short, we all love this school and its teams, so let’s keep that in mind while treating everyone as adults.
Scott was a fiery dude. But it’s the internet and people say rude stuff that they’d never say in person. What do you do… I can’t stand the trolls though , those got to go. As for the filters, at one point we couldn’t even say “ship” because it was a reference to another word. People cuss and the filter catches it, I don’t even notice anymore.

The TCU Football Jerk

Offense isn’t perfect but it’s not bad and had 3 returning starters. Defense is TERRIBLE and had 7 returning starters. Newton a supposed elite corner for roasted several times.

Defense is broken and can’t recruit looking like that. We need a change and it’s disturbing he still hasn’t announced it. If I ever failed at my job that bad [ Finebaum ] I would quit and do the company a favor.

Our secondary as a whole was a big bag of suck. Our safeties were having trouble covering tight ends.

HG73

Here's a few stats for you (Big12 only, regular season, 14 teams):
TCU. OSU
Offensive PPG: 31.3, #7. 30.2, #8
Points Allowed: 27.8, #10. 27.3, #8

OKLAHOMA STATE IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We scored 1.1 more points and allowed .5 more points.

We also made 67% of our FGs, OSU made 81% of theirs.

We had 74 penalties #3, they had 62 #9.

I can't find turnover margin, probably the most important stat of all.

It may not be the Coordinators.

CryptoMiner

With the hiring of Elko at TAMU DJ Durkin may be out of a job. Elko most likely brining Stanucci over as his DC.

Durkin has some baggage but who doesn't these days.

However Zach Arnett has to be high on the list. Former DC for Leach at MissSt and unsuccessful replacement as HC but the guy is a great defensive mind. At SDSU he had the #2 ranked d in the nation.

Frog-in-law1995

TCU. OSU

OKLAHOMA STATE IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We scored 1.1 more points and allowed .5 more points.

Well, they also have a QB playing his 6th season of college ball and a starting OL with 4 RS seniors and a RS Junior, plus all 3 receivers and the TE are 4th or 5th year guys. Intangibles like that help, as we saw last year. Plus they got their 3 ranked conference foes all at home (KU, KSU and OU), which also helps.

HG73

Well, they also have a QB playing his 6th season of college ball and a starting OL with 4 RS seniors and a RS Junior, plus all 3 receivers and the TE are 4th or 5th year guys. Intangibles like that help, as we saw last year. Plus they got their 3 ranked conference foes all at home (KU, KSU and OU), which also helps.
Right. We had a RS freshman backup QB and all our players went to the NFL. And we still were right with them statistically. There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

An-Cap Frog

TCU. OSU

I wonder if the schedule mattered?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'm not a Briles fan by any means, but the issues with this team do not center around the offense.

Defense needs a complete rethink or an amazing portal/recruiting push.

Special teams needs to stop being "special."

We need leaders early on in the season, and a locker room that isn't a complete mess.

Right now I blame our DC, HC, and Position Coaches before Briles. Sure I'd be a lot happier had we not gone to the dark side by hiring the spawn of Art, but at the moment he's far down the list of concerns.