• The KillerFrogs

Big 12-SEC Challenge Thread

LeagueCityFrog

I'm not a basketball expert by any means, but why can't we play better defense? I heard ESPN say we were ranked somewhere close to #300 nationally in total defense. Our offense is great to watch, but damn man, play some better transition defense.

netty2424

I get what you're saying but even then we are, as most neutrals would assert, far better than Vandy this year. This is and will be looked at as a bad loss.
This.

7 players is an excuse that quite frankly no one else gives a scheiss about except those still making excuses for this team. We just aren't that good yet.

netty2424

It's blatantly obvious that this team is still a work in progress. Given time, Jamie will take the TCU basketball program

to another level. Bear in mind, that for the most part he is still working with players that were here when he arrived.
Dixon said he wasn't rebuilding so this doesn't really apply imo.

Moose Stuff

I approve of your optimism. Unfortunately, the selection committee doesn't seem to give a lot of credit for Horseshoes & Hand Grenades games and so, my optimism is dwindling quickly.

All I’m saying is I’m not gonna write off the regular season at this point. Hell, we may not win another game for all I know. Just seems silly to basically throw in the towel.

FrogPreacher

Ok, asking this question out of curiosity but why not put the guys on the bench, the walk-on's that are on the bench in for even a few minutes to give some guys a breather? Sotile is 6-6, 225. Put him in to bang inside a bit. Maybe this isn't practical, just wondering, so no flaming me please!

LVH

All I’m saying is I’m not gonna write off the regular season at this point. Hell, we may not win another game for all I know. Just seems silly to basically throw in the towel.

Going to have to go on a run like Texas Tech did 2 years ago when they had a hot February and made the tourney

Tom Brown

No disrespect intended, but we don’t play with effort. In fact, the effort on defense may be one of the worst I have ever seen. This season went down the tubes fast. An awful January. Maybe February brings us a team that plays hard the entire game.

Worst? Out of every team youve ever seen?

Purp

What have we shown to make you think we can win enough conference games to lock up an invitation before the conference tournament starts? We have had the same exact problems since conference play started. We've overcome them 2 times and fallen victim to them 6 times.

I see nothing in this team that makes me think they magically flip a switch and start playing D and stop choking away offensive possessions in close games on a consistent basis. I certainly hope that CJD can make that happen, but I'm not expecting it at this point.
We've played all the toughest conference games early. The back half of the conference slate looks far less daunting than the front. This is not an NIT team. We'll be in the tourney. This game hurts, but a few more quality wins in our conference will outweigh a bad loss out of conference. There will be a lot of tourney teams with bad losses like this one to Vandy.

PurpleBlood87

We've played all the toughest conference games early. The back half of the conference slate looks far less daunting than the front. This is not an NIT team. We'll be in the tourney. This game hurts, but a few more quality wins in our conference will outweigh a bad loss out of conference. There will be a lot of tourney teams with bad losses like this one to Vandy.

Huh still have two games with Tech have to go to OSU and Kansas, West Virginia and Iowa State.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
My take, for what it's worth: The close losses are an indication of a team that is playing above its level more than a team playing below its level, today's loss notwithstanding.
My dream scenario? We somehow make the tournament as a 16 seed, become the first 16 to beat a 1, and the rest is history.

Horny 4 Life

Not sure I agree that we're through the "toughest conference games." We still have to play @ Kansas, @ WVU, @ OSU, & @ TT. The only opponent we have behind us completely is OU, but we still have TT twice. This conference is a killer this season and, as we witnessed against KSU, there are no "easy" games in conference.

Purp

Not sure I agree that we're through the "toughest conference games." We still have to play @ Kansas, @ WVU, @ OSU, & @ TT. The only opponent we have behind us completely is OU, but we still have TT twice. This conference is a killer this season and, as we witnessed against KSU, there are no "easy" games in conference.
No dispute that there are no easy games, but those games down the stretch are easier on paper than the first 10.

LeagueCityFrog

After today, TCU is going to need to win 7 or 8 more games to get in the tournament. I can count maybe 2 more wins if we keep playing defense like this. OSU and Tech or Baylor at home are my only predicted wins. Jaime has a seasoned team and he's making a ton of money. Fix the defense and keep the fans rocking with you and not looking ahead to baseball season. We are so close to being great in basketball. Why do we have to start cold and why can't we blow teams out sometimes.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
After today, TCU is going to need to win 7 or 8 more games to get in the tournament. I can count maybe 2 more wins if we keep playing defense like this. OSU and Tech or Baylor at home are my only predicted wins. Jaime has a seasoned team and he's making a ton of money. Fix the defense and keep the fans rocking with you and not looking ahead to baseball season. We are so close to being great in basketball. Why do we have to start cold and why can't we blow teams out sometimes.
Dixon knows how frustrated you get and is seriously trolling you this season.

Purp

We won't need 22 wins to get into the tourney.