• The KillerFrogs

Big 12-SEC Challenge Thread

Horny 4 Life

No dispute that there are no easy games, but those games down the stretch are easier on paper than the first 10.

It's essentially the same teams we played already except we're swapping two games against OU for two games against TT.

In the first half we played 4 games against teams that are ranked as of right now. 3 were at home and 1 was on the road.

In the second half we will play 4 games against teams that are ranked as of right now. 3 will be on the road and 1 will be at home.

I just don't think that schedule, even on paper, looks easier on the back than it was on the front. I certainly hope it plays out to be easier on the court for us, but I don't see it right now.

MTfrog5

It didn’t effect our shooting much but that gym sucks. Bane missed 3 wide open 3’s and we had a couple other misses that you could tell might have had the depth perception be a factor at least. At OSU next is going to be a gut check.

Tom Brown

It didn’t effect our shooting much but that gym sucks. Bane missed 3 wide open 3’s and we had a couple other misses that you could tell might have had the depth perception be a factor at least. At OSU next is going to be a gut check.

Bane is not as hot behind the arc right now.
That gym is kooky. Ill be in Stillwater to see the game. Im pretty excited.

froglash88

Worst? Out of every team youve ever seen?
I said “one of the worst”. I’ve coached the sport at the high school and college level (as an assistant). We relax on defense way too often. Look at our overall stance throughout the game. Can’t play D with your knees locked. Our help is often late as a result of this.

I still think Jamie is doing an amazing job, but he has to be as frustrated as anyone when it comes to our defensive effort. I wouldn’t be surprised if the word “pride” came up in his post game speech.

The good news is - we have shown we are capable of playing very good defense (WV game). We need 5/6 more wins to go dancing. We get those wins if we play with our WV game intensity.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’ve coached the sport at the high school and college level (as an assistant). We relax on defense way too often. Look at our overall stance throughout the game. Can’t play D with your knees locked. Our help is often late as a result of this.

You’d think JD would be just a fool not to spend more time on KFC to improve his deficiencies as a winning coach...

Sebastian S

The good news is - we have shown we are capable of playing very good defense (WV game). We need 5/6 more wins to go dancing. We get those wins if we play with our WV game intensity.

Yes, we probably played better defense but WVU has a horrible offense.

Their defense keeps them in games. Once a team adjusts against the full court press, their offense will not be able to keep up.