• The KillerFrogs

Big 12-SEC Challenge Thread

Horny 4 Life

I’m not super optimistic but we do have 10 conference games left so posts like this are fairly silly.

What have we shown to make you think we can win enough conference games to lock up an invitation before the conference tournament starts? We have had the same exact problems since conference play started. We've overcome them 2 times and fallen victim to them 6 times.

I see nothing in this team that makes me think they magically flip a switch and start playing D and stop choking away offensive possessions in close games on a consistent basis. I certainly hope that CJD can make that happen, but I'm not expecting it at this point.

Wexahu

No disrespect intended, but we don’t play with effort. In fact, the effort on defense may be one of the worst I have ever seen. This season went down the tubes fast. An awful January. Maybe February brings us a team that plays hard the entire game.

Exactly. There’s just no intensity shown on the defensive end. Sometimes not even on offense. I’ve said it before, but it’s like they go into each game trying to win without really going all out. I think that’s why we always get down big so quick, we kind of test the waters to see how hard we’re gonna have to play. Terrible way to approach games. Just once I wanna see someone (a player) get pissed when the defensive effort stinks.

It's blatantly obvious that this team is still a work in progress. Given time, Jamie will take the TCU basketball program

to another level. Bear in mind, that for the most part he is still working with players that were here when he arrived.

TCUWIN

No disrespect intended, but we don’t play with effort. In fact, the effort on defense may be one of the worst I have ever seen. This season went down the tubes fast. An awful January. Maybe February brings us a team that plays hard the entire game.
Im willing to bet CJD would agree this team is not putting close to full effort on either side, offense or defense. There is still a lot of standing around watching on offense.

Moose Stuff

What have we shown to make you think we can win enough conference games to lock up an invitation before the conference tournament starts? We have had the same exact problems since conference play started. We've overcome them 2 times and fallen victim to them 6 times.

I see nothing in this team that makes me think they magically flip a switch and start playing D and stop choking away offensive possessions in close games on a consistent basis. I certainly hope that CJD can make that happen, but I'm not expecting it at this point.

Considering we could have won every game we lost I’m sure as hell not gonna day we can’t.

TCUWIN

Exactly. There’s just no intensity shown on the defensive end. Sometimes not even on offense. I’ve said it before, but it’s like they go into each game trying to win without really going all out. I think that’s why we always get down big so quick, we kind of test the waters to see how hard we’re gonna have to play. Terrible way to approach games. Just once I wanna see someone (a player) get pissed when the defensive effort stinks.
I think you are exactly right. May be saying we only have so many players, we need to rest so we can still be fresh late in games. I hope next year we have a full roster of guys that deserve to be playing in a high level DI conference. That being said, glad to see Olden hitting some shots.