• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Palliative Care

I pity those schools that are still trying to keep some version of the PAC 12 alive, which is more than I can say about everyone who gave a flip about the SWC or the potential demise of the B12 when Texas and OU said they were departing.

So hell yes Limey and Eight here's to a glass more than half full and welcome Colorado by beating their butts.

Froggy Style

Everybody take a second to mentally and emotionally revisit July of 2021. Oklahoma and Texas just announced their defection, and Aresco--the AAC commissioner is talking publicly about picking up Big 12 members to join SMU's crappy conference.

Now, here we are. In a 16-team conference with Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Tech, Baylor, Okie State, K-State, Cincinnati...

No, we're not the SEC or the Big Ten. Yes, we still have to compete above our weight class with less TV money like we have for years. No, we don't know what the future holds and the tide could still go out on us. But things are looking up, and for the medium term future at least, TCU football is going to be ok.

Now I'm off to the pub to raise a glass with a fellow TCU alumnus.

Happy Friday; Go Frogs, and bring on the actual football.

Was thinking a bit further back:

End of great SWC rivalries
End of a really good MWC with great rivalries. UTAH, BYU, TCU all top 25 was a great conference.

We now have those three together again, but add TTech, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, KState, Kansas, West Virg, and a VERY promising UCF with huge alumni and Florida base.

It really may be stronger than the conference with OU and UT in it. Just needed to get rid of the [Finebaum]-blocker and this thing takes off.

Now, let's add a Duke, and Pitt/Miami/Louisville combo, and it really won't get much better. Hell, add a bball UConn for our North/Eastside partners.

Eight

When will it be announced for the other three joining the big 12.

Law And Order Svu GIF by ION

no idea

HG73

Was thinking a bit further back:

End of great SWC rivalries
End of a really good MWC with great rivalries. UTAH, BYU, TCU all top 25 was a great conference.

We now have those three together again, but add TTech, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, KState, Kansas, West Virg, and a VERY promising UCF with huge alumni and Florida base.

It really may be stronger than the conference with OU and UT in it. Just needed to get rid of the [Finebaum]-blocker and this thing takes off.

Now, let's add a Duke, and Pitt/Miami/Louisville combo, and it really won't get much better. Hell, add a bball UConn for our North/Eastside partners.
I prefer VT & NCSU if available and I think they will be. Leave the others for the AAC.

82 Frog Fever

At the Az. BoR meeting last night UA & ASU already had a pre-agreement with UU to leave the PAC for B12. UA had already notified coaches and everyone they were leave.
But Michael Crow of ASU did a complete 180 flip stabbing everyone in the back and stopped the process dead in its tracks. Complete bedlam broke out.
Crow was defiant and refused to acknowledge the agreement saying he wanted to stay in PAC and said I’ll see you at the GoR meeting tomorrow.

Then the GOR vote failed miserably today, with only WSU & OSU approving, and Oregon/Washington withdrew from the conference, and the PAC died.

We would have had an announcement today for all 3 teams if it wasn’t for that moron Michael Crow.

We should leave ASU on the floor, but that could also mean leaving UU.
The B12 has taken a step back and is now deciding to either stay at 14
or still take ASU and UU by extension. Not sure what will happen here.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
At the Az. BoR meeting last night UA & ASU already had a pre-agreement with UU to leave the PAC for B12. UA had already notified coaches and everyone they were leave.
But Michael Crow of ASU did a complete 180 flip stabbing everyone in the back and stopped the process dead in its tracks. Complete bedlam broke out.
Crow was defiant and refused to acknowledge the agreement saying he wanted to stay in PAC and said I’ll see you at the GoR meeting tomorrow.
The Monty show just quoted a Utah source that In an AZ have accepted B12 membership. No word on ASU.
Then the GOR vote failed miserably today, with only WSU & OSU approving, and Oregon/Washington withdrew from the conference, and the PAC died.

We would have had an announcement today for all 3 teams if it wasn’t for that moron Michael Crow.

McFroggin

Naw Utah would come without ASU. Offer Stanford and Cal if Utah falters. Utah would leave ASU behind for dead quick.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
"The finances of the move are not immediately clear, but both Oregon and Washington will receive only a partial share of the conference allotment through the length of its upcoming television deal, which goes through the 2029-30 school year."

"Oregon's and Washington's decisions to go to the Big Ten won't be a financial windfall in the short term. The deal is expected to escalate each year, but it's still only in the neighborhood of a half-share of what the other 16 teams in the conference are expected to get. A source said the payouts would grow every year and be competitive with, and perhaps surpass, the payouts of leagues such as the Big 12 and ACC."

82 Frog Fever

Naw Utah would come without ASU. Offer Stanford and Cal if Utah falters. Utah would leave ASU behind for dead quick.
UU, as of now, does not have an offer in hand.
However, I’m sure UU would come with UA if offered. UU better get on the phone with BY and try to save this

Stanford is currently planning Indy.
Yes, we could probably get Cal. or OSU, but neither is 1/2 as good as what ASU would have been. ….and BY wants none of Stanford, Cal, or OSU.

The B12 will not got to 15, so who is the 16th if UU comes?