• The KillerFrogs

Bengals Game: Dalton

Frog89

Worst part the texans will get their [Craig James] kicked in the playoffs. Talk about meaningless

They will probably host at least the first game if not have a bye. The opposing team will not be able to hear themselves think at Reliant for that first game. With all the parity in the league, it's far from meaningless. Nobody has any idea what will happen in the AFC playoffs, including you. Even with 3rd string QB, they keep winning. They are deep at most positions. Johnson has played in only about 4 games this year and they have a very good D. I think Houston will be in the mix in the playoffs, even with the injuries.

TheFDN

Guys, we are missing the big picture here.
Tim Tebow is once again showing that he is the best QB in the NFL and should be in the pro bowl.
3 of 13, for 45 yards, no TDs and 1 interception. 9.5 QB
Say what you want about the guy, but he just wins. Without him the Broncos could possibly be down by 0 points right
Good call.

Kaiser

Guys, we are missing the big picture here.

Tim Tebow is once again showing that he is the best QB in the NFL and should be in the pro bowl.

3 of 13, for 45 yards, no TDs and 1 interception. 9.5 QB rating.

Say what you want about the guy, but he just wins. Without him the Broncos could possibly be down by 0 points right now.

Haha. Nice call.

cdsfrog

They will probably host at least the first game if not have a bye. The opposing team will not be able to hear themselves think at Reliant for that first game. With all the parity in the league, it's far from meaningless. Nobody has any idea what will happen in the AFC playoffs, including you. Even with 3rd string QB, they keep winning. They are deep at most positions. Johnson has played in only about 4 games this year and they have a very good D. I think Houston will be in the mix in the playoffs, even with the injuries.

Overrated defense, bad QB, overrated coach. They would eaten alive by Baltimore, oh wait they already did.

Houston Frog

You guys are ripping the Bengals for losing this one like they just lost to the Colts. They lost by one point to a 10-3 team on a 7 game win streak that is the current #1 seed in the AFC.... hardly anything to be ashamed of

Do I think we have a legit chance to win it all? No, but we're hardly some mediocre team who is just filling out the 6 seed that has no chance.

It's actually pretty unbelievable what we've been able to do this year, considering all the injuries. If you had told me before the season that each of the following players would spend time on the DL, I'd have told you we'd have a better chance of being 3-10 than 10-3

Arian Foster
Andre Johnson
Mario Williams
Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart
Owen Daniels

TCU2002

Overrated defense, bad QB, overrated coach. They would eaten alive by Baltimore, oh wait they already did.

Did Gary Kubiak dump your mom back in high school or something?

Pretty weak take. In the NFL, you are what your record says, and the Texans appear to be a 10-3 team, a division champ, and possibly your #1 seed in the AFC. Don't hate, appreciate.

jake102

Give the Texans a healthy Schaub and Andre Johnson and they are the clear second best team in the NFL.

Without them they are still a top 5 team.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

Boy, you act like they're playing an undrafted QB out of Eastern Illinois or something. Or that they have a rookie head coach that would ice his own kicker. Now THAT would be bad. They would never have a chance then.

I bet Pittsburgh would also kill them . . . Oh, snap!

cdsfrog

Did Gary Kubiak dump your mom back in high school or something?

Pretty weak take. In the NFL, you are what your record says, and the Texans appear to be a 10-3 team, a division champ, and possibly your #1 seed in the AFC. Don't hate, appreciate.

I was rooting for the Texans until they lost their starter and back up. With that QB they simply cant match the Patriots or the Ravens. They are better than the cowboys.....but then again so are 15 other teams including the Bengals.

Sucks that the Bengals will more than likely miss the playoffs by one game. Its nice the see the Texans finally make the playoffs, but worthless without a decent QB. Someone needs to win in Texas and it sure as hell isnt going to be the cowboys.....

Not sure I agree with Jake on Texans being top 5, as it took a miracle for them to beat the 7-6 bengals. That being said.....Top 10 for sure.....even with a crappy QB

cdsfrog

Boy, you act like they're playing an undrafted QB out of Eastern Illinois or something. Or that they have a rookie head coach that would ice his own kicker. Now THAT would be bad. They would never have a chance then.

I bet Pittsburgh would also kill them . . . Oh, snap!

Cowboys suck we know this. Same as we know Romo is better than a 5th rounder who was mediocre in college.

TCU2002

I was rooting for the Texans until they lost their starter and back up. With that QB they simply cant match the Patriots or the Ravens.

You stop rooting for teams when they suffer injuries?

Who says Yates is a "crappy QB?" All he's done is win two games as a starter against playoff contenders.

Is he "crappy" in the same way Tebow is "crappy?"

Still don't get your angle on the Texans.

purplepreacher

probably already mentioned, but that offside against the Bengals might have cost them the game. Can't make a mistake like that when you are playing a team with more horses. Like missing two field goals against Bayla' (though Bayla' did not have more horses).

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dalton and the Bengals have exceeded expectations this year. Surprised at their attendance for a game that would help determine if they make playoffs. They have a good QB, good receivers and a TE. Need to build the other pieces on both sides.

Frog89

You stop rooting for teams when they suffer injuries?

Who says Yates is a "crappy QB?" All he's done is win two games as a starter against playoff contenders.

Is he "crappy" in the same way Tebow is "crappy?"

Still don't get your angle on the Texans.

Not enough games to even form an opinion on Yates yet, but certainly doesn't warrant the crappy lable. He seems poised and is in a perfect position with good receiving, running game and decent line. Plus he can move better than Schaub or Leinart. I don't think anyone has Houston in the Super Bowl, but also don't think many have them automatically getting destroyed in the playoffs either.

Houston Frog

Not enough games to even form an opinion on Yates yet, but certainly doesn't warrant the crappy lable. He seems poised and is in a perfect position with good receiving, running game and decent line. Plus he can move better than Schaub or Leinart. I don't think anyone has Houston in the Super Bowl, but also don't think many have them automatically getting destroyed in the playoffs either.

Yeah I agree

And Yates certainly hasn't been perfect (he's missed a bunch of throws actually), but he hasn't done anything to lose the games for us, which is what we're asking of him right now. And he has all the tools necessary to succeed at the NFL level. He has a big arm, he's mobile, he's tall/sturdy, etc....

Right now, he just needs to work on his accuracy. He tends to overthrow receivers, which is a dangerous trait. Hopefully he can settle in and get that fixed. Reading the defenses and seeing the field a little better will hopefully come with time.