• The KillerFrogs

Bengals Game: Dalton

jake102

When you run every 1st down, it gets very predictable. Bengals should take note of the Texans and let their young QB throw a play action or two on 1st first down.

And people can stop talking about the Bengals having such an amazing defense. It is mediocre at very best.

talor

My thoughts:

1) The Texans did not win that game. The Bengals lost.
2) This game further solidifies my opinion that AJ Green is the better rookie out of he and Dalton. Andy should buy AJ a steak dinner for catching or breaking up those cans of corn he was throwing.
3) Pacman is still stupid

JugbandFrog

Marvin lewis is a horrible coach. The defense blew so many opportunities as well. How do you teach your guys to just FALL ON THE DAMN BALL. Geez.

TCU2002

Worst part the texans will get their [Craig James] kicked in the playoffs. Talk about meaningless

Why do you say that? With their running game and defense, they do not need spectacular or even above average QB play to win.

Texans are still in contention for a first-round bye - I see no justification for burying them at this stage.

The rest of the regular season is a great opportunity to keep coaching up this young QB.

TCU2002

Only 41K and change there to see it. Bad fan support for the Bengals, who deserve better given how they have exceeded expectations and the fact that they have exciting young players.

Who would have thought that a) a TCU QB would be thriving in the NFL as a rookie and b) he plays in front of smaller home crowds in the pros than he did for most of his final two years as a Frog?

Young and Horned

Yeah because Dalton watches the backs and they were not looking for the ball so he throws it into the coverage.

That is only going to work so many times. throwing short in the middle of the field is a lot different than throwing to the back shoulder on the sideline, i.e. the Packers. I do think that Dalton is throwing those with the knowledge of the DBs are running just to catch up with the WRs and the WR can just stop and catch them. So I wouldnt call most of them can of corns or ducks.

jake102

Guys, we are missing the big picture here.

Tim Tebow is once again showing that he is the best QB in the NFL and should be in the pro bowl.

3 of 13, for 45 yards, no TDs and 1 interception. 9.5 QB rating.

Say what you want about the guy, but he just wins. Without him the Broncos could possibly be down by 0 points right now.

Big Frog II

2 minute defenses stink. It is amazing how an NFL defense can play so well the entire game, and in the last two minutes they can't stop a nursing home.

michaelperrytcu

My thoughts:
2) This game further solidifies my opinion that AJ Green is the better rookie out of he and Dalton. Andy should buy AJ a steak dinner for catching or breaking up those cans of corn he was throwing.
Do you take into account the inherent difficulty of playing QB vs WR? AJ Green may have better statistics, but that's really comparing apples to oranges because the learning curve is so much steeper for a QB.

I wonder how their statistics compare traditionally to rookies? I bet Dalton is having the better year "Rookie" year, meaning he is more above the average of rookie NFL QBs than Green is for rookie WRs.