• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else here like/collect watches?

Evlo59

I have 2 stainless Datejusts one w a royal
Blue face with the jubilee band and the other a black face with diamond numbers and an oyster band.

I have a 2 tone Datejust black face w jubilee band.

I just bought a Tag Kirium rubber band with black face and chronograph.

Free tip: those of you with battery powered Tag; Haltoms will change your battery free of charge

BoydAveFrogFan

I have 2 stainless Datejusts one w a royal
Blue face with the jubilee band and the other a black face with diamond numbers and an oyster band.

I have a 2 tone Datejust black face w jubilee band.

I just bought a Tag Kirium rubber band with black face and chronograph.

Free tip: those of you with battery powered Tag; Haltoms will change your battery free of charge
Haltoms will replace any brands battery, you can leave donation in the wounded warriors jug if so inclined

mrnicefrog

I'm a huge watch guy and here's why;

In 1978 my grandpa purchased a Rolex Datejust; two-tone. He paid about $900-$1000 for it; he was not a rich man just a big spender. Lol.
When he died in 2007, he left the watch to my dad, who then gave it to me. I had it serviced and I've worn it ever since. Not that I would ever sell it but, it's worth about $3500 today.
When I think about it, there's really not much else my grandpa could've purchased 40 years ago that I would still appreciate and want to own today. I guess a Picasso or Ferrari would've been nice too, but certainty much less practical.
When he died we pretty much gave away all his old suits, household finishings, and personal belongings, but I will always have that watch. One day my son will have it too. That's why I believe every man should own a nice watch that will last for generations, and why I roll my eyes every time I hear someone say it's stupid to pay that much for watch.

mrnicefrog

The other thing a nice watch does, especially with Rolex or Patek Philippe, is give you ability to treat yourself and spend some money, without actually losing money. These watches appreciate over time, not by a lot, but enough to keep up with inflation. So if it ever hits the fan, and you need money, you can get it.
A nice watch does many of the things that owning gold does; plus you get to enjoy it more than just having it stuck in a safe.

Last edited:

frogs9497

I used to have a bunch of inexpensive watches but have pretty much stopped wearing one

However, if there is another watch in my future, I hope that its a a Panerai

I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit for one of these

971906.png.adapt.262.394.png
If you’ve seen one of these in-person, you’d probably join Wes.

tcumaniac

This Brathwait is probably my favorite watch.... get lots of compliments on it.

020-quartz-rosegold-marron-frontal_2a3d1e0289acac620bbd6f61866ef164.jpg

020-quartz-rosegold-marron-behind_2a3d1e0289acac620bbd6f61866ef164.jpg

This Raymond Weil is my "nice watch":
raymond-weil-maestro-automatic-leather-strap-mens-watch-2837-stc-00609.jpg

raymond-weil-maestro-automatic-leather-strap-mens-watch-2837-stc-00609_3.jpg

I also used to occasionally wear this Daniel Wellington:
daniel-wellington-grace-warwick-white-dial-blue-and-green-nylon-unisex-watch-0553dw.jpg

daniel-wellington-grace-warwick-white-dial-blue-and-green-nylon-unisex-watch-0553dw_3.jpg

But this has pretty much become my every day watch:

61-rNYDO83L._SL1000_.jpg

lonestarfrog89

I really got into watches right after college and have been obsessed ever since. I’ve got an old Tag dress watch my dad gave me, that my mom had given him 20 or so years ago.

Also have another Tag formula 1 chrono on a rubber strap. An Omega Seamaster 300m and a Panerai Luminor GMT 40mm.

I’ve gotten into different straps of late. Swap them out on my Panerai a lot. Makes me feel like I’ve got a new watch for $30.

Love them all, want another real bad but I’m married and own a house now so.... priorities.