• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else here like/collect watches?

SwissArmyFrog

Seems like every few years, watches become a 'hobby'. I've got about 13-14 - this most recent watch kick started during a cruise I was on in August.

I don't have any really high-end watches. I've thought about getting one, but decided I would rather have a variety of interesting watches rather than just 1 or 2 high end watches. Don't own a Rolex, or anything like that. I've thought about obtaining an Omega at some point.

I've got a couple of Citizen (one of which is the most expensive watch I have, from their Signature Collection), a Seiko, 2-3 Bulova (one has the Precisionist movement where the second hand is completely smooth in it's rotation, really cool), couple of Victorinox (Swiss Army), 3 Invictas, a nice (and inexpensive) Movado Museum watch (blue face, leather strap).

Feel free to post a pic(s)! I'll do so later.

W

Way of the Frog

th

9.jpg

WhatTheFrog

I was on a Movado kick there for a while (I think I have 3 metal banders). Then I bought a Seiko kinetic because I got tired of dealing with batteries. Now I don't wear any type of jewelry/accessories anymore, not even my wedding band. Maybe that'll change again eventually.

My dad has only ever owned one watch that I'm aware of. It's an old Bulova railroad watch that he's owned for about 50 years, back when he started to work at Southern Railroad.

Frog-in-law1995

I have a watch story.

Had a real nice Aquaracer that my little sister bought me for my 30th birthday. She died unexpectedly a couple of years later (the same week my son was born...that was an emotional few days) and so I suggested a big family cruise over the Christmas holiday later that year to keep us (mostly my parents) from focusing on the loss. I had cracked the face very slightly a few weeks before we left, so I took it off and gave it to my wife while I swam down to an old sunken wreck to get a clue for this Amazing Race excursion we were doing. She and my dad stayed on this little fishing boat we’d been trolling around in, and I met them back at the pier. She set it down on the boat and forgot about it. Just like that, gone forever.

She felt horrible, of course, and it’s the kind of thing I would normally just completely lose my [ Finebaum ] over, but for some reason I felt really at ease about it. Ended up getting a pretty nice ESQ there in Cozumel that day, and now also have a Bulova I wear much more frequently. Still, if anybody finds a silver Tag with a blue face and my initials on the back, give a holler, huh?

frogs9497

Unfortunately I have way overspent in the watch category. My biggest mistake is known as my “watcherita”... an Omega I purchased in the Caribbean while in a very good mood. And it became infinitely more expensive after my wife found out.

talor

I own an automatic Christopher Ward, which kinda looks like an Omega Seamaster. The brand has a neat story, they were swiss watch industry defectors who decided to make quality watches and forgo raping people as part of their business model. Not amazing watches, but to get an automatic watch for $500-600 bucks they are solid. My every day watch is a Minus 8 Square which is an American company out of San Fran.

The splurge watch I will own one day is a Steve McQueen Monaco.
Tag-Heuer-Monaco-2009.jpg

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Unfortunately I have way overspent in the watch category. My biggest mistake is known as my “watcherita”... an Omega I purchased in the Caribbean while in a very good mood. And it became infinitely more expensive after my wife found out.
I have one of those. Same consequences.

Zubaz

I don't have anything fancy, definitely nothing compared to what some folks have here:

Daily:
Orient Mako, alternate between nylon NATO strap in the Summer and Leather for the fall / winter.
ec71bc9e3042f0d64cf3c75ae26dd626.jpg

20fb61d1af109485e70d4b212aed2c64--orient-mako-pinterest.jpg

Dress:
Daniel Wellington
cl40-bristol-rg_3.png

Frog-in-law1995

Just went watch-surfing on google. I think I want the Rolex Daytona 116506 Perpetual 40mm Cosmograph Platinum Baguette watch.

My birthday is coming up. You know, if any of you need gift ideas.

Oh, ice blue color. Thanks!