• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else here like/collect watches?

abell2do

If a high-end watch is designed to have to be serviced, regardless of the cost, is it a good watch or just an expensive recurring revenue stream?
Recurring revenue stream. They keep AWFUL time, and it drives me insane. But hey, they look really nice. I’d love to have that watch collection in Dr. Strange. In the movie he wore a Jacque Le Coultier. Thought about getting one, but I’m in love with this Apple Watch

Frog_Fan71

Recurring revenue stream. They keep AWFUL time, and it drives me insane. But hey, they look really nice. I’d love to have that watch collection in Dr. Strange. In the movie he wore a Jacque Le Coultier. Thought about getting one, but I’m in love with this Apple Watch

If that's the case, then it's nothing more than a [ Finebaum ]ty status symbol with a high price tag. My grandfather's pocket watch never needed such adjustments.

Has quality engineering and craftsmanship really gone that far down hill, just to make a buck?

hometown frog

Love the photos and stories in this thread.
For me, a stainless/white face Tag 1500 series Submariner I’ve had since my wife gave it to me as a TCU graduation present almost 20 years ago. Other than a stint where I wore my Dads Citizen watch after he died, that Tag hasn’t come off my wrist except to get a battery update at Kubes Jewelers when needed.

In high school I had a silver Fossil Baseball watch I wore most of the time. Still have it but haven’t replaced the battery in many years.

The technerd in me drools over an iwatch but I just haven’t convinced myself to get it.

Last edited:

frogs9497

Last year, we had an EMT at the office teaching us how to use a defibrillator. Somehow we got on the subject of smart watches. He said he refuses to wear one because of the health risks. Anything to this?

netty2424

Last year, we had an EMT at the office teaching us how to use a defibrillator. Somehow we got on the subject of smart watches. He said he refuses to wear one because of the health risks. Anything to this?
HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvM1hYSGlKbVlvTG1sYS9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

SwissArmyFrog

Probably something to do with a smart device up against your body for extended periods.

A close friend and colleague at work developed cancer in the same area he had been wearing his smart phone for years, so I always wondered about that - though I never heard him say that he thought it may have had something to do with an electronic device. On the other hand, lots of people do that and have had no ill effects.

I've heard of police getting groin/testicular cancer from sitting in the cars for long periods with their radar gun held between their thighs. Not the same thing as a mobile phone, but still makes you wonder about stuff like that.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Probably something to do with a smart device up against your body for extended periods.

A close friend and colleague at work developed cancer in the same area he had been wearing his smart phone for years, so I always wondered about that - though I never heard him say that he thought it may have had something to do with an electronic device. On the other hand, lots of people do that and have had no ill effects.

I've heard of police getting groin/testicular cancer from sitting in the cars for long periods with their radar gun held between their thighs. Not the same thing as a mobile phone, but still makes you wonder about stuff like that.

What were they checking the speed of down there!?!

What if you flew airplanes that had a 4.2 gigawatt APG-68 radar 10 feet in front of your nether regions?