• The KillerFrogs

Am doubting you Hill bashers played sports

JugbandFrog

The play calling was bad, especially that play action where Hill fumbled the ball. They were keying the qb the entire time.

Still...Hill did not protect the ball. Hill made a horrible throw to the flat in the red zone. It wasn’t just horrible, it fit a pattern. A pattern of inconsistency when it comes to his throws.

I will say this, he had good form on that throw. Stepped into the throw, he just sailed it. Even if he did complete it, Turpin would not have scored.

LSU Game Attendee

O-line was brutal all over the field.
Sour grapes from me, and I acknowledge that winners win despite tough officiating.
BUT, the feedback loop of ticky-tack holding calls went far beyond that of the actual penantly yardage/forfeited big plays. After a ceartain point of zebra beatdowns, the gunshy frog O-linemen were trying to execute blocks with their hands practically behind their backs.

Follow on effects were rushed/sacked Kenny and tougher than usual sledding for the RBs. It will be interesting to see how this squad regroups- I bet it will.

Realtorfrog

Game comes down to holding penalties. Several long runs are negated by holding calls.....some real some phantom........this put us in long yardage which made us have to throw. ISU watched his eyes and it paid off. Might be time for a shield. He did have some bad throws and didn't run the ball confidently at all but that's going to happen. I still think we should have run Sewo at the goal line four downs if need be on the red zone fumble. Tough day all around....., give ISU credit but we certainly beat ourselves. Secondary adjustments at the half reduced their offense to very little.

So many ifs.......Go Frogs!!

P

purplePPO

I will be upfront. I am a TCU fan and always have been. I am wanting my team to win. I make what in my view is constructive criticism and I get lambasted as a HATER. That is my personal beef. I do not appreciate that. I know others don't either. I think when someone labels another as a HATER just because their opinion differs from another is narrow minded and is not mentally capable of having a true conversation. Labeling itself is offensive and hateful. Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

The penalties were a beating (although everyone on here tells me they were mostly bad calls), but other than that it’s hard for me to say they played poorly. Kenny mostly had plenty of time to throw and our two backs were somewhere around 8 yards per carry. Just my opinion.

I don't think there was a single holding penalty called on a pass play for either team. That's something to think about IMO. KH was most often facing a two-man rush (sometimes three and four). And I don't think all of the holding calls were bad calls although the most damaging was as bad as I can ever remember seeing. I just don't think the same level of "attention" went to both sides AND as the proverb goes: You CAN call it on every play. It's true because you can. But you shouldn't.

Prior to Post Edit: At least one holding penalty was on a pass play. Wasn't Cole Hunt's hold on a swing pass?

FROG PARENTS 1961

Hill did not have a great game, that much is obvious. Sometimes you don't have great games. The play calling in the red zone was the killer yesterday. Well that and 104 yards of penalties. Regardless, our offense has not been the same since the had an injury to our center, and the line got moved around. Hopefully we will be back up to full strength this week.
dilly dilly

Hill should have gone to sideline to see what was going on with OC for a series or two not benched forever. Just a change of pace. Do you leave a staring pitcher in the game? No bullpen. In football he can come out then go back in.

rifram09

Since they were only rushing three most of the game, I kept hoping to see Kenny pick up yards with his feet. Other than that, my biggest gripe about Kenny were the brain farts in the red zone.

He isn't a guy that performs great consistently with the game on his shoulders. That's okay. Doesn't make him a bad person or even a bad QB. He's best when he chooses the conservative play or picks up yards with his feet. Every now and then he makes a great throw that displays his talent. But if he goes to that well too often, disaster follows. IMHO.

flyfishingfrog

Well to me the entire question of oline, Kenny and Cumbie comes down to two things: 1) why do we seem to change our entire play calling approach inside the 10 beyond the obvious that the field is shorter and everyone is in the box? Can our oline only block well outside the 20 or for the wildcat? Why are we not putting the ball in our QBs hands?

And 2) why do we not run plays that involve the deep threat?

Recurring theme this year has been to give up on what got us to the red zone and other than Kansas to not consistently try and spread the field by going deep?

Last edited:

netty2424

The penalties were a beating (although everyone on here tells me they were mostly bad calls), but other than that it’s hard for me to say they played poorly. Kenny mostly had plenty of time to throw and our two backs were somewhere around 8 yards per carry. Just my opinion.
It's easy to say they were bad calls(they being in general, not you), but they were called so it is what it is. Holding calls on he line are because guys are getting beat. They hold to prevent the play getting blown up. We had more than usual. We couldn't get any push in the red zone when it counted.

O-line gets a c- at best from me.

frognutz

At any skill positions because if you had you would know what happened yesterday.

If you have played hoops (every position is a skill position) or football (qb, wr, long snapper, or kicker/punter (arguments could be made for other positions)) or baseball (any position) at a first-team varsity high school level or above then you would know that some days you are unconscious and can't miss (think the Michael Jordan "shrug" game), most days are a mixed bag but generally positive due to muscle memory and coaching, and some days you just can't hit anything consistently.

Yesterday was a bad day for Hill. He just didn't have it. Snake bit. He has played well all year but yesterday he was at his worst. You don't ever want that to happen when so much is on the line but it does happen.

Hill is a great athlete who had a bad day. He was having a hard time with short routes even. Other people had a bad day too. (Anyone notice our long snapper couldn't keep the ball down yesterday?) Hill was not alone but when a qb has a bad day everybody notices.

If you played then you understand the pressure and the naked feeling you have when you are "off" and you should remember that when discussing the game yesterday.

If you didn't play at that level, then you may have some parallel example in your life to draw from. Even if you don't then taken my word for it and have some class and give this young man a break.

He is obviously a good kid who takes his job seriously. Please lay off.

I played golf for TCU and missed a 2 foot putt on occasion. So, sorry about that Bill, but yes, I can relate. I felt like a moron.

Moose Stuff

It's easy to say they were bad calls(they being in general, not you), but they were called so it is what it is. Holding calls on he line are because guys are getting beat. They hold to prevent the play getting blown up. We had more than usual. We couldn't get any push in the red zone when it counted.

O-line gets a c- at best from me.

The red zone was more about play calling IMO.