• The KillerFrogs

Am doubting you Hill bashers played sports

JurisFrog

At any skill positions because if you had you would know what happened yesterday.

If you have played hoops (every position is a skill position) or football (qb, wr, long snapper, or kicker/punter (arguments could be made for other positions)) or baseball (any position) at a first-team varsity high school level or above then you would know that some days you are unconscious and can't miss (think the Michael Jordan "shrug" game), most days are a mixed bag but generally positive due to muscle memory and coaching, and some days you just can't hit anything consistently.

Yesterday was a bad day for Hill. He just didn't have it. Snake bit. He has played well all year but yesterday he was at his worst. You don't ever want that to happen when so much is on the line but it does happen.

Hill is a great athlete who had a bad day. He was having a hard time with short routes even. Other people had a bad day too. (Anyone notice our long snapper couldn't keep the ball down yesterday?) Hill was not alone but when a qb has a bad day everybody notices.

If you played then you understand the pressure and the naked feeling you have when you are "off" and you should remember that when discussing the game yesterday.

If you didn't play at that level, then you may have some parallel example in your life to draw from. Even if you don't then taken my word for it and have some class and give this young man a break.

He is obviously a good kid who takes his job seriously. Please lay off.

Mean Purple

At any skill positions because if you had you would know what happened yesterday.

If you have played hoops (every position is a skill position) or football (qb, wr, long snapper, or kicker/punter (arguments could be made for other positions)) or baseball (any position) at a first-team varsity high school level or above then you would know that some days you are unconscious and can't miss (think the Michael Jordan "shrug" game), most days are a mixed bag but generally positive due to muscle memory and coaching, and some days you just can't hit anything consistently.

Yesterday was a bad day for Hill. He just didn't have it. Snake bit. He has played well all year but yesterday he was at his worst. You don't ever want that to happen when so much is on the line but it does happen.

Hill is a great athlete who had a bad day. He was having a hard time with short routes even. Other people had a bad day too. (Anyone notice our long snapper couldn't keep the ball down yesterday?) Hill was not alone but when a qb has a bad day everybody notices.

If you played then you understand the pressure and the naked feeling you have when you are "off" and you should remember that when discussing the game yesterday.

If you didn't play at that level, then you may have some parallel example in your life to draw from. Even if you don't then taken my word for it and have some class and give this young man a break.

The style offense we play is already a risk. The calls down near the goal just make it worse. And those are not drawn up by the qb. Those calls also put some pressure on an already overtaxed OL. A run bounced to the outside takes some of that off. Especially when an RB just ran like a beast and they did not have an answer for him at the time. So I don't see how this is on the qb.

Frog-in-law1995

Never thought of long snapper as a skill position. But I guess it is.

i-have-a-particular-set-of-skills.jpg

tetonfrog

Hill gets the praise and the hype when TCU is 7-0, so it's natural he gets the grief when he plays poorly and the Frogs lose. It is the nature of the position.

And, yes, I played football, basketball and baseball. It's not personal like the old Kenny Trill jabs, it is about his play. I hope it was an off day and he rebounds strong against the Whorns.

Westsider

Unfortunately the morons you speak of won't be reading this thread.

netty2424

These kids sign up for the glory and they sign up for the shame. It's the choice they make.

Criticizing play is part of it. Personal attacks about the kids are not. There's a difference and fortunately fan forums offer both.

EDIT: unfortunately, not fortunately. My mistake.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

These kids sign up for the glory and they sign up for the shame. It's the choice they make.

Criticizing play is part of it. Personal attacks about the kids are not. There's a difference and fortunately fan forums offer both.
The personal attacks are what leads to the allowance of criticizing play being reduced.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

I agree

Hill can't make a turkey dinner out of a dead rat and the offensive play calling was a dead rat if I ever saw one.

Pharm Frog

I agree

Hill can't make a turkey dinner out of a dead rat and the offensive play calling was a dead rat if I ever saw one.

I am not so generous. Been asking for two years if we still signal in a run and a pass play and then allow the QB to read the defense and choose. We said we did that in TBs senior year but I’ve seen very little evidence the past two years that we do this. Will nobody in the press ask GP a substantive question and follow-up when he doesn’t answer? Until then I must assume that two plays are being called when it sure doesn’t look like it.

TK2000

He will get a chance to show us the next 3 games. It’s our toughest stretch IMO. Good players shine in pressure and average ones fold. Let’s see what he’s got and if he can prove people wrong.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I am not so generous. Been asking for two years if we still signal in a run and a pass play and then allow the QB to read the defense and choose. We said we did that in TBs senior year but I’ve seen very little evidence the past two years that we do this. Will nobody in the press ask GP a substantive question and follow-up when he doesn’t answer? Until then I must assume that two plays are being called when it sure doesn’t look like it.
If you have never been to a GP press conference, he tends to get pretty defensive when tough questions are asked. So much so that sports writers just don't press him any more

Big Frog II

Hill did not have a great game, that much is obvious. Sometimes you don't have great games. The play calling in the red zone was the killer yesterday. Well that and 104 yards of penalties. Regardless, our offense has not been the same since the had an injury to our center, and the line got moved around. Hopefully we will be back up to full strength this week.

netty2424

There's definitely an audible call. SR killed he run and went deep against KU in the 4th and GP was irate, for several reasons.

Ron Swanson

I can totally relate, it happens to me in washers every once in a while. I am an elite washer player, but some days you just don’t have it.

I'm sure Hill is a wonderful young man but he had such a bad day and along with penalties was the root cause offense couldn't get anything going. If he had just been bad TCU probably wins. He was so bad it looked like he had never played QB in power 5 football before. He should have been pulled when it was obvious he had nothing to contribute. Yesterday he was a mistake waiting to happen.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm sure Hill is a wonderful young man but he had such a bad day and along with penalties was the root cause offense couldn't get anything going. If he had just been bad TCU probably wins. He was so bad it looked like he had never played QB in power 5 football before. He should have been pulled when it was obvious he had nothing to contribute. Yesterday he was a mistake waiting to happen.
You should have quit posting when it was obvious you had nothing to contribute.