• The KillerFrogs

2023 CWS

stbrab

which was the bigger beatdow.?

uga hammering tcu in the cfp final por uf setting an all time record
LSU’s loss is the equivalent to about 120-24 in football…or more…so I’d say the LSU loss. Except, LSU still gets a chance to win the championship tomorrow.

Eight

LSU’s loss is the equivalent to about 120-24 in football…or more…so I’d say the LSU loss. Except, LSU still gets a chance to win the championship tomorrow.

agree on the situation lsu finds itself, win the game tomorrow and today was just a really, really off day

Virginia Frog

After the 7th, down 15-3, it's time to save all their best pitchers (that may be needed for game 3) and put in the second tier that otherwise wouldn't get "in" the CWS.

Then LSU gave up 4 runs in the 8th, 5 in the 9th, maybe they did put in the second tier.

I'd like to see manatees cream the alligators on Monday nite!

ShreveFrog

Real problem for LSU is Florida has used only 3 pitchers in both games. Staff was already rested and set before the finals. They're expected to go with Caglianone (3.68 era)
LSU will likely see how long Skenes can go (120 pitches on Thursday) and Hurd (3 innings vs. Wake, also last Thursday, givng up no runs.)
Should be a great and interesting final!
I predict:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

TCU is now a measuring stick for sports butt-kicking:

"The 2023 Men's College World Series continued to make history during Sunday's Game 2 contest between LSU and Florida. It just wasn't the kind of history we've come to expect from this wildest of MCWS. After a thriller of a championship opener, won by an LSU homer in the top of the 11th to produce the record-tying eighth one-run game of this 15-game series, the 15th and latest of those games achieved a whole bucketful of records all on its own.

The difference is that these were the first 2023 statistical milestones directly related to a butt-kicking. Like, historically lopsided butt-kicking. Think Georgia vs. TCU, Dream Team vs. Angola, Hulk vs. Loki. That kind of butt-kicking."

Thanks ESPN

ShreveFrog

Hmmm, pregame showed Skenes sitting in dugout. Not starting?

Edit: Announcer Peterson says the plan is to use Skenes late. Well, better hope you have the lead or it’s close.

froginmn

Hmmm, pregame showed Skenes sitting in dugout. Not starting?

Edit: Announcer Peterson says the plan is to use Skenes late. Well, better hope you have the lead or it’s close.
The plan is likely to never use him (on three days' rest after 120 pitches) and blame that on the fact that it wouldn't have mattered.

froginmn

Wut? He was running in fair territory early but got lined up perfectly as he approached the base. Not sure what part is reviewable but that call stunk.