• The KillerFrogs

2017 Football season countdown thread

NittanyFrog

Welcome Nittany.
I'm not an established tailgater but would recommend you try the sampler first. Attend a game as a spectator and walk around the several lots to get an idea of your style/preference -- just food, lotsa TVs, lotta kids or no kids, games galore, flags & big honkin' stereo speakers or lotsa combinations of the above. For now I'd get tickets, park in 1 of the far (or free) lots down on Berry & take the shuttle in & return. Once at ACS you can wander the lots to try out the many tailgaters lots. Most will welcome new fans with a howdy & a bier if you drop in a dollar to the community pot, others are free.

Enjoy & welcome.

Thanks man. I appreciate the welcome and the information. When do you think they'll announce the rest of the TBD game times?

NittanyFrog

A great time is to be expected. A lot of people get a burger over at Dutch's or wings and pizza over at Buffalo Bros on University, then walk to the game through the heart of the campus by frog fountain. You should definitely stick your head in the new basketball stadium along the journey. The foyer area is awesome as is the new arena. There are beautiful women everywhere and about 45 minutes before the game in the middle of Frog Alley is where to be before the game if you are not already at a tailgate.

Thanks bud! I hope to throw down some beers with you some time. Go Frogs!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Thanks man. I appreciate the welcome and the information. When do you think they'll announce the rest of the TBD game times?

Those remaining game times will dribble out as TV & conference suits & cigars deem necessary, rarely all at once.

P.S. you don't happen to drive a Chrysler red LeBaron?

NittanyFrog

Too bad, you woulda fit right in.
Are you 2 adjusting to your first Tejas summer in hell?

Lol. It bothers her more than me. I can tolerate the heat for the most part unless it's really muggy. Loving the food though. We have some good ethnic food up north. Polish, Italian, Greek etc., but nowhere up there can compare to the steak and BBQ down here.

Dogfrog

I am told FedEx delivered season tix today and required a signature. Also told the seats were correct and no strange odors.