• The KillerFrogs

2017 Football season countdown thread

HToady

Get ready to drive to Fed Ex to get your tickets.

I got a sticker on my door yesterday that a package has been redirected to the FedEx store because I was not at home. I got the email from TCU that they were coming this morning. Fed Ex no longer gives you a second chance delivery. Of course, it was a Friday and no one was home.

Had I known they were coming, I would have made a point to have someone home. Considering this new, lack of customer service, I should have requested Will Call...it's closer.

ScottPatrick

Get ready to drive to Fed Ex to get your tickets.

I got a sticker on my door yesterday that a package has been redirected to the FedEx store because I was not at home. I got the email from TCU that they were coming this morning. Fed Ex no longer gives you a second chance delivery. Of course, it was a Friday and no one was home.

Had I known they were coming, I would have made a point to have someone home. Considering this new, lack of customer service, I should have requested Will Call...it's closer.

I think you can call FedEx and re-schedule and/or redirect.

ScottPatrick

DHXDy-CUwAAdESJ.jpg

NittanyFrog

Hey all. My wife and I are new to Fort Worth. Moved down from Central PA for work. We are both PSU grads and grew up less than an hour from a State College, so we consider ourselves well seasoned tailgaters. We are definitely planning to get to some TCU games this season. Any info regarding the game day experience or what to expect will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
We Are!
Go Frogs!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Hey all. My wife and I are new to Fort Worth. Moved down from Central PA for work. We are both PSU grads and grew up less than an hour from a State College, so we consider ourselves well seasoned tailgaters. We are definitely planning to get to some TCU games this season. Any info regarding the game day experience or what to expect will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
We Are!
Go Frogs!
Welcome Nittany.
I'm not an established tailgater but would recommend you try the sampler first. Attend a game as a spectator and walk around the several lots to get an idea of your style/preference -- just food, lotsa TVs, lotta kids or no kids, games galore, flags & big honkin' stereo speakers or lotsa combinations of the above. For now I'd get tickets, park in 1 of the far (or free) lots down on Berry & take the shuttle in & return. Once at ACS you can wander the lots to try out the many tailgaters lots. Most will welcome new fans with a howdy & a bier if you drop in a dollar to the community pot, others are free.

Enjoy & welcome.

LeagueCityFrog

We Are!
Go Frogs!
A great time is to be expected. A lot of people get a burger over at Dutch's or wings and pizza over at Buffalo Bros on University, then walk to the game through the heart of the campus by frog fountain. You should definitely stick your head in the new basketball stadium along the journey. The foyer area is awesome as is the new arena. There are beautiful women everywhere and about 45 minutes before the game in the middle of Frog Alley is where to be before the game if you are not already at a tailgate.