• The KillerFrogs

2017 Coaching Carousel

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Absolutely massive backlash against this by Tenn fans. An NFL analyst is on record saying it would be the worst coaching decision of any sport at any level for ten years. Major boosters are supposedly working behind the scenes to stop it, going so far as to threaten to take their money and walk if it happens.

All in all ... pretty entertaining.

So, like June Jones and the folks at Arizona State?

Mean Purple

If the VOLS are really hiring Schiano, that would be a special kind of stupid.

His record as a college' head coach was blah. Worse in the pros. And his defense at luckyeye land is not up to their standards.

John Currie must not like living on Knoxville.

Mean Purple

Absolutely massive backlash against this by Tenn fans. An NFL analyst is on record saying it would be the worst coaching decision of any sport at any level for ten years. Major boosters are supposedly working behind the scenes to stop it, going so far as to threaten to take their money and walk if it happens.

All in all ... pretty entertaining.
If true, it would be the first thing those boosters have done right in over a decade.

Awful pick for a coach.

Mean Purple

Part of me thinks it is dumb for aggy to fire a coach with one of their better win averages.

The or he part of me thinks it is good that Sumlin and his family can get the hey away from that loon factory.

TCURiggs

Riggs...can you post the latest tweet from this guy.

Alleges Penn State pedo connection...

I'm not twitter literate.

I read about this early. Schiano was on staff at PSU years ago, and Mike McQueary (the red-headed coach that was a big part of that case) alleged that another coach had told him about how Schiano once said that he saw Sandusky molesting a little boy in the shower. Both Schiano and the coach who allegedly told McQueary that have denied it, though.