• The KillerFrogs

2015 Fall Practice Updates/Comments

MinFrog

I figured this is a good place to aggregate those.
Looks like Wilson is a LB now. Don't be surprised when he is an all-American in three years.

Lomez

From reports gathered elsewhere:

-As mentioned, Montrel Wilson from S to LB
-Paul Whitmill "might" move to fullback from LB
-Jaelan Austin and KeVontae Turpin mentioned by Patterson, who had recently said that he expected "2 of 5" of the true freshman WRs to play this fall.

4th. down

Out on a limb - in time, Mule will move to receiver - good straight line speed. He anchored his high school track relay team. 4 x100, and he may have been the anchor on the mile relay. Hill going to be hard to beat and Brennen probably redshirts. Let's not forget King, he's my darkhorse to push Hill next year.

TronCarter

Don't think he could beat out any of the guys we have for that position. Need to be able to turn your hips and run with fast arse slot receivers. He'd be solid in run support, but we need those guys who can do both.

CountryFrog

West Coast Johnny said:
Is Taj Williams playing for Iowa Western this year?  Seems like a waste of eligibility.
I'm assuming he has to stay in JC another year for academic reasons. Otherwise, yes, it would be a complete waste of a year. I'm sure he'd love to get to real college football ASAP as possible.

netty2424

West Coast Johnny said:
Is Taj Williams playing for Iowa Western this year?  Seems like a waste of eligibility.
Looks like it

xwhrcwk.png

What's the story here? He made some noise with his commitment. How'd he end up back in juco?

MinFrog

TCURiggs said:

Yep. Our depth, at pretty much every position, may be too much for him to overcome at this point.
Not sure of the timing. But since he committed, foster committed, Boykin turned into heisman, hill transferred, the Robinson commits. That is a lot of good QBs that jumped in front of him. Same for Wooten.

OICU812

4th. down said:
Out on a limb - in time, Mule will move to receiver - good straight line speed. He anchored his high school track relay team. 4 x100, and he may have been the anchor on the mile relay. Hill going to be hard to beat and Brennen probably redshirts. Let's not forget King, he's my darkhorse to push Hill next year.
Good plan if he doesn't qb.. Matt Jones had a good NFL future as a wideout, and just darned it up with drugs.

jake102

For those on scout or 247 or wherever JC is these days, are they able to do practice reports? I noticed on twitter that JC posted a video from practice... wondering if it's worth signing up for a month

TCURiggs

Jake102 said:
For those on scout or 247 or wherever JC is these days, are they able to do practice reports? I noticed on twitter that JC posted a video from practice... wondering if it's worth signing up for a month

If you're going to sign up, and I think you can get a 30-day trial, now is the time to do it. JC usually gets great info and has nice practice write-ups. He had some good notes on today's practice, some of which have been added here (Lomez).

netty2424

TCURiggs said:

If you're going to sign up, and I think you can get a 30-day trial, now is the time to do it. JC usually gets great info and has nice practice write-ups. He had some good notes on today's practice, some of which have been added here (Lomez).
Who's he writing for now?

Not deez nuts. Serious question.