• The KillerFrogs

2015 Fall Practice Updates/Comments

Evlo59

Planks said:
When Patterson moves you from defense to offense, it's usually not a good sign. Laudarice Sanders and Jordan Moore were both moved from LB to FB.

My guess is out LB depth chart looks like this:

1 Montrel Wilson and Ty Summers

2 Travin Howard and Alec Dunham

3 Paul Whitmill

I thought Howard was being mentioned to be working in a safety since Wilson was moving to LB.  We will be in trouble if Howard is playing LB not due to lack of skill but 190 v a 310 OT... yikes!

Planks

evlo59 said:

I thought Howard was being mentioned to be working in a safety since Wilson was moving to LB.  We will be in trouble if Howard is playing LB not due to lack of skill but 190 v a 310 OT... yikes!
Howard was moved to LB this week.

A summary of the position changes that have been mentioned:

Deshawn Reymond from CB to SS
Montrel Wilson from SS to LB
Travin Howard from SS to LB
Paul Whitmill from FB to LB
Semaj Thomas from LB to DE
Breylin Mitchell from DT to DE

Frogged

Frogged
Planks said:
Howard was moved to LB this week.

A summary of the position changes that have been mentioned:

Deshawn Reymond from CB to SS
Montrel Wilson from SS to LB
Travin Howard from SS to LB
Paul Whitmill from FB to LB
Semaj Thomas from LB to DE
Breylin Mitchell from DT to DE
Preeshiate this

cdsfrog

Pierson should be back by Tech. Gray is healthy but still has to get used to trusting his ability to cut and move laterally, hopefully smu maybe?

FrogSwagSurfin

We did you change all of the position moves?

I kind of want to keep Raymond at CB, I wouldn't mind a CB over 5'11" for the first time in a long time. Our guys get the job done but it would be cool to have no CB as tall as the receivers.

pgdaly84

GeorgeLanescaddy said:

I kind of want to keep Raymond at CB, I wouldn't mind a CB over 5'11" for the first time in a long time. Our guys get the job done but it would be cool to have no CB as tall as the receivers.
I hear you, but it'd also be nice to have a safety with CB cover skills to defend the crossing routes and deep passes Baylor will be throwing.

FrogSole

GeorgeLanescaddy said:

It could just be temporary to have depth at the safety positions since we are moving people all over on D. I just want to see Raymond healthy out there!

McFroggin

DaCrief said:
Breaking news: I just realized Semaj (Thomas) is James spelled backwards.

...As you were.
This has been a new trend for awhile. Instead of a James naming his son James Jr., you reverse the letters.

Just don't do it with Naomi.