• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bleedpurple

We just did the same. Good stuff.

It's a big day around our household. First day of Kindergarten, and I'm heading out in a bit to go pick up our new family member... a 9 week-old male black lab. After losing both of our dogs earlier this year we're finally ready for another one. We've hinted to the kids that maybe Santa would bring us one for Christmas, so they're going to be thrilled when they get home today and find me with their new brother.

We're not set on a name yet, but Carter (leader in the clubhouse), Davey, Dutch and Deuce may be in play. I'd like to just go with Gary but my wife isn't a huge fan of that name for a dog... I think it's perfect. LT would work as well, IMO. Open to suggestions...
Bj

Inspired by berryfrogs post

GeoFrog

Some buddies suggested Bingo Merriex, Nucleus Smith and Chudi Chinweeze

I like Chudi Chinweeze, but only if it is a pug with breathing problems.

giphy.gif

Sand Frog

It's a big day around our household. First day of Kindergarten, and I'm heading out in a bit to go pick up our new family member... a 9 week-old male black lab. After losing both of our dogs earlier this year we're finally ready for another one. We've hinted to the kids that maybe Santa would bring us one for Christmas, so they're going to be thrilled when they get home today and find me with their new brother.

We're not set on a name yet, but Carter (leader in the clubhouse), Davey, Dutch and Deuce may be in play. I'd like to just go with Gary but my wife isn't a huge fan of that name for a dog... I think it's perfect. LT would work as well, IMO. Open to suggestions...

Love labs. It's killed me to put my last two to sleep. My current one is at the trainer. My oldest asks me all the time when he can come home from "school". His name is.....

Dreammyer's Fight 'Em on the Ice aka "Dutch" :D

talor

So the name clearly has to be TCU related...but does it have to be football? Me, I'd go with Doc.

Ron Swanson

Got a good update on baby Ruby...

She had the surgery this morning and it went perfectly. They were able to connect the two sections of the esophagus, which is the main thing we were hoping for, and she will not have to use a "G-Tube" either.

That was an extremely emotional experience and I lost it and started bawling when the surgeon called when she finished and told me it was a best-case-scenario result for the operation. She will have to stay in the NICU for at least another week, and then next Monday they will do a barium swallow test to make sure everything is working like it's supposed to and there aren't any leaks anywhere in her system.

After that, I'm not sure the exact plan, I'm waiting to hear from the doctor tonight or tomorrow morning, but we are through the toughest part.

Side note: The baby's middle name is Luna (my wife's maiden name is De Luna), which is Spanish for moon, and they finished the surgery right when the eclipse was at its peak in Houston. There were tons of nurses and doctors walking all around me in this atrium type area wearing those eclipse glasses watching it when I got the call. Kinda hokey to point out, but I thought it was cool. What are the chances?

Last edited:

tcudoc

Got a good update on baby Ruby...

She had the surgery this morning and it went perfectly. They were able to connect the two sections of the esophagus, which is the main thing we were hoping for, and she will not have to use a "G-Tube" either.

That was an extremely emotional experience and I lost it and started bawling when the surgeon called and told me it was a best-case-scenario operation. She will have to stay in the NICU for at least another week, and then next Monday they will do a barium swallow test to make sure everything is working like it's supposed to and there aren't any leaks anywhere in her system.

After that, I'm not sure the exact plan, I'm waiting to hear from the doctor tonight or tomorrow morning, but we are through the toughest part.

Side note: The baby's middle name is Luna (my wife's maiden name is De Luna), which is Spanish for moon, and they finished the surgery right when the eclipse was at its peak in Houston. There were tons of nurses and doctors walking all around me in this atrium type area wearing those eclipse glasses watching it when I got the call. Kinda hokey to point out, but I thought it was cool. What are the chances?
Sounds like her predetermined favorite children's book will be:
51k4HjnooUL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Glad she did so well. That is not a minor surgery and she sounds like a real trooper. I suspect she was at Texas Children's at the Texas Medical Center. I know a lot of people there and it is a great place for these types of issues. Glad she is doing so well and a very cool story to remember the great news.
Thanks for the update and congrats to your whole family!