• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Just sat down at a bar here and there are 90 bourbons and ryes. Those are just the ones I can see before the shelves curve around. Doesn't include any scotch or Irish whiskeys.

This place is in my condo complex. Oy vay

Edit: asked the bartender. 230 whiskeys. Including 5 different bottles of Van Winkle.

Pappy 23 goes for $149 for 2 ounces.

Edit 2: Elijah Craig single Barrel 22 year = $500

I mean I like whiskey and all but holy hell.

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Just sat down at a bar here and there are 90 bourbons and ryes. Those are just the ones I can see before the shelves curve around. Doesn't include any scotch or Irish whiskeys.

Edit: asked the bartender. 230 whiskeys. Including 5 different bottles of Van Winkle.

Start with a shot of the cheapest stuff and work your way up the price list.

You won't be feeling any pain by the time you get to the Elijah Craig.

PurplFrawg

Administrator

if you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta get off the porch...

MTfrog5

Sounds like Vince Young’s kind of place

GeoFrog

Any of you been to Steamboat? Advice on best skiing, bars, restaurants and bars again? Staying in town not at base.

Just got here - 30 degrees and sunny. Going to be low 40's for skiing tomorrow. I'm ok with that weather.

From my buddy in Denver that goes there regularly:

O'Neill Tavern-Irish joint good
Carl's Tavern-good
Mahogany Ridge Brewery
Laundry-great, a little pricey unique
Carl's is right in the middle and on the bus route

I’d give you some more personal recommendations, but I’ve only been through there in the summer, and I mainly just looked at rocks and drank beer on the outcrops. Good sequence stratigraphy area and Dinosaur National Monument isn’t that far away.

Horny 4 Life

Wow, that EC22 actually makes Pappiezzz look like a bargain. That's pretty darn hard to do.

Honestly, that's not a bad price for a 2oz pour of Pappy 23. It's not worth it at all, but it's a good price relative to other locations.

netty2424

What's the name of the bar? Have a buddy in search of Pappy VW.

SuperBarrFrog

Any of you been to Steamboat? Advice on best skiing, bars, restaurants and bars again? Staying in town not at base.

Just got here - 30 degrees and sunny. Going to be low 40's for skiing tomorrow. I'm ok with that weather.
I always got tired skiing and just hang out at slope side bar at the bottom of the runs. Then hit the outdoor hot tubs down the road at the condo. My ex sister in law has grandparents who own a huge condo there that we used to visit. Steamboat is great overall. I’ll ask my brother the must do stuff, but I always enjoyed tubing in the evening. The younger folks liked going snow mobile riding. There is a nice restaurant that you can ride the gondola or ski into that was very good as well but I forget the name.

For kids, I know my niece enjoyed dog sled tours, but I’m sure it might be cheesey for adults. She asked for 6 huskies the following Xmas.
From my brother:
Ragnars is a ski-in place on the mountain that’s great.

F.m. Light is the cool famous western store

Last edited:

GeoFrog

Carl's Tavern

I reckon they have good French fried taters...mhmmm.

giphy.gif