• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Thread: Frogs vs Bears

FrogsUp

Also, to those who are being negative about this year’s team. Please take a moment and think back on the past 20 years. Have you seen a TCU squad this talented and this legitimate on the basketball court? Nope. Be proud of them and what they are accomplishing, and get your butt out there and support them. Go Frogs!

netty2424

Haven't watched Tech enough to know. Our biggest advantage over a lot teams is definitely our 6-7-8 guys. Olden supposedly does well in practice but just doesn't get enough minutes to ever get a rhythm.
Olden just isn't there yet. He looks lost out there. Being a junior transfer I would expect more. Hopefully it clicks soon and he's able to provide some solid minutes.

cdsfrog

Whew. Read the last few pages about us maybe making the NIT and assumed we lost.

I would like to see us finish better though that said, I am in no position to chastise exaggerated posts.

Hopefully if we beat Kansas, the thread will be a little bit more optimistic.

I still think top 3 and a good seed in the tourney is very doable but a long season to go.

DickBumpastache

Haven't watched Tech enough to know. Our biggest advantage over a lot teams is definitely our 6-7-8 guys. Olden supposedly does well in practice but just doesn't get enough minutes to ever get a rhythm.

Tech is as solid 1-10 as damn near any team in the country...I know that sounds ridiculous but some of the better teams (Duke, Nova, UNC, KU) are 6-7 deep at most. In fact that was the main difference tonight; Tech outscored KU 42-16 off the bench.

Hate that Chris Beard landed in Lubbock. Very glad JD is here but he was my 1st choice when Dixon was just a pipe dream.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
@BearlyAFrog confess. Are you the Waco Turtle?
Here is his reply:

55814ccc22bbdd0765be40e9fbba8eba.gif

Purp

Agreed. I think we are just like everyone else regarding depth. I don’t think we have an advantage in that department over most teams.
The advantage is that our #6, #7, and #8 guy could also start and produce at the same level as the regular starter. There is no drop off when we go to our bench and most teams can't say that. We do see a drop off in production when we go to our #9 guy, but he does provide good back-up minutes like most teams get from their #7 guy. I can't think of another team in the country that could realistically say they wouldn't be surprised if their #8 player went for 20 and 10 a couple times this season. We can.