• The KillerFrogs

TCU defends warm-ups ahead of OU rematch

You are a reasonable poster on every other issue discussed here so far, but on this point you're remarkably obstinate and just flat wrong.

You are standing up for your guy when he ran through the warm-ups. I stand up for my guy doing I believe every QB in America with any pride (including Kenny Hill) would do if you tried that on them.

texasrobster1997

Every home game they go that way. Only with TCU is there an incident.
ArkansasSooner
Out of curiosity, how do you think they should’ve cut that corner when there were about five OU recruits or players blocking their way? That’s what I don’t get. That’s what Patterson meant when he said the sidelines weren’t controlled. Even so, it’s a dick move to beam a guy and...no...every QB would not have done that.

The other thing that I don’t understand is how Baker can taunt fans and players, clap in the face of players, plant a flag after a win, crotch grab etc. and then have righteous indignation when he thinks some players might have gotten in his way. He responds to this indignation by intentionally trying to harm an opposing player. What’s even more mind blowing is to have a coach defend Baker’s actions.

If anyone’s own child did any of the things mentioned above they would likely be ashamed and reprimand their child. OU fans laugh and celebrate Baker’s actions. Pretty sad commentary on society as a whole because this isn’t just an OU thing.

SuperBarrFrog

Children are typically great judges of character. Further proof.

Love they way Baker does his doosh clap after the kids wisely won’t shake his hand. Classic brohavior.

ArkansasSooner
Out of curiosity, how do you think they should’ve cut that corner when there were about five OU recruits or players blocking their way? That’s what I don’t get.

There was one OU player running high steps on the sidelines. They had room on the outside of him to go around. There weren't many people down there and plenty of room. I don't have any issue with the first TCU player who cut a small section across the end zone. He wasn't running across the area three guys, including Mayfield had been warming up.

The other thing that I don’t understand is how Baker can taunt fans and players, clap in the face of players, plant a flag after a win, crotch grab etc. and then have righteous indignation when he thinks some players might have gotten in his way.

I remember when the Chicago fans used to complain about Charles Barkley because he was a trash talker. It was ironic because Michael Jordan was well known to be one of the biggest trash talkers around. Reggie Miller's trash talking with Spike Lee that was caught on camera was epic, but they complained about the Hawks.

You don't like trash talking that's fine. Somehow that makes the person bad. That's' fine. I'm old, but I don't buy that.

And running through someone's warm up area would have any football player take offense.

He responds to this indignation by intentionally trying to harm an opposing player.

Trying to harm? You think that is a reasonable assessment or are you using a large amount of hyperbole?

back_in_black

Moderators
You are standing up for your guy when he ran through the warm-ups. I stand up for my guy doing I believe every QB in America with any pride (including Kenny Hill) would do if you tried that on them.

Your guy is an incredible jerk. Rightfully hated by most of the country. He pelted a player in the head intentionally. Only a real idiot would take your stance. I'm embarrassed for you that you could be so dumb.

Here is a copy of the video

Awesome. Notice the ton of room in the corner. There is literally no one at all blocking that corner. There is exactly 1 OU player on the sideline and 1 on the end line that are easily run around. The first guy cuts the smallest corner and the next three cut a 35 foot corner.

I am willing to accept your apologies now.

Purp

There was plenty of room on the sidelines to go around. The very first guy through went all the way down and cut off only maybe a 3 foot corner. Even he could have stayed out of bounds the entire way around. The guy who got hit was cutting off a 35 foot corner.
35 foot corner? Is that the kind of measurement acumen produced by OU? He was at most 5 yards from the pylon in the back corner. 35 feet my arse.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Again, is Mr Heisman really that inaccurate or did he hit the intended target.

Even that wall he hit when the. Cop tackled him wished he’d hit him harder...

ifrog

Awesome. Notice the ton of room in the corner. There is literally no one at all blocking that corner. There is exactly 1 OU player on the sideline and 1 on the end line that are easily run around. The first guy cuts the smallest corner and the next three cut a 35 foot corner.

I am willing to accept your apologies now.

You are an ass. Quit exaggerating. The initial video was more clear than this but if you look closely there were people in front of the players. They are running in a line. Their options were to run over the people in their way or cross the football corner. Quit being an obtuse dick

35 foot corner? Is that the kind of measurement acumen produced by OU? He was at most 5 yards from the pylon in the back corner. 35 feet my arse.

5 yards from the pylon would be 15 feet, which is a 21.2 foot hypotenuse. I think it was more than 5 yards, but whatever.

Do you accept 20-25 feet then? as opposed to the 5 foot corner the first TCU player takes?

Last edited:
You are an ass. Quit exaggerating. The initial video was more clear than this but if you look closely there were people in front of the players. They are running in a line. Their options were to run over the people in their way or cross the football corner. Quit being an obtuse [ ricardo ]

So the initial video has the smoking gun?

There were no people in front of the players. The OU player kept n walking without contacting anyone. Unless they are wearing white and blend in with the background there is no one standing there preventing them from taking the same angle as the first guy.