• The KillerFrogs

From Shaggy Bevo........

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I sat with friends down in the 100s right by the visitors tunnel. Sitting behind us was a Froggish family whose son obviously decided to attend elsewhere, and was all decked out in his Spur gear. He was quite nice, though, and we all had an interesting discussion about the 5 minute replay OPI call.
He snarked something about "how much did y'all pay these refs?"
"We had some left over on account from last week..."

The fact that UT t-shirt fans still talk smack after getting their arse handed to them three (now four) years in a row says a lot about them. Unfortunately, there was way too much orange in TCU sections.

Fred Garvin

Horn fan on the radio this morning ragging on all the TCU fans that left early. The #8 team in the nation and the stands are emptying out with half of the 4th quarter to go......sad to agree with her. She has a valid point with really no excuse to leave early...... can't blame the heat or it getting late and we're winning.

I'll say it again....., this is the reason I worry...........

The reason was that we are so used to kicking UT's arse and the game was clearly over when we took a 17 point early lead because there was zero chance the Whorns were going to score 17 points on our defense. Besides, there was a lot of orange sprinkled in with the purple and it appears that they had already seen this movie to its conclusion. Therefore, some of those holes were Whorns fans rather than TCU fans.

Realtorfrog

The reason was that we are so used to kicking UT's arse and the game was clearly over when we took a 17 point early lead because there was zero chance the Whorns were going to score 17 points on our defense. Besides, there was a lot of orange sprinkled in with the purple and it appears that they had already seen this movie to its conclusion. Therefore, some of those holes were Whorns fans rather than TCU fans.

You would think and hope but no.......it was about equal between vomit and purple.

Fred Garvin

Plus Tom Herman will be mad

The exact nomenclature - burnt orange piss = you are a bad guy!

Screen-Shot-2017-04-12-at-9.49.21-AM.png

Purp

Interesting, there was an older UT couple with what appeared to be their grand daughter in my seats when I got there. I let them know and they moved over without a fuss. When TCU had a big play in the first quarter (maybe the TD), they go to leave the row and the young girl is crying. I first asked where their seats were supposed to be so I could point them in the right direction (thinking they may have mistaken the section). Nope. They knew their seats were up at the top and just sat in empties closer. I then ask, if the young girl was ok? Lady tells me that after a big TCU play, the “terrible” guys in front of her shook their butts at them. WOW
I hated to see the kid cry, but come on society, crying when the home teams fans cheer?

Edit: it didn’t seem so lengthy when I was typing. Lol
What section were you in? I think I saw this happen and wondered why the girl was crying. If not my section nearly the same exact thing happened at least one other place in AGC at about the same time.

Frog DJ

The UT fans in our section (235) were loud in the first quarter, but pretty subdued after that (for obvious reasons).

None of them were obnoxious. One twenty-something girl behind us admitted that she had never witnessed Texas beat TCU in person.

By comparison, my 6-year old grandson has never personally seen Texas beat TCU at all! To him, it's just the natural order of things.

During my 69 years, I've attended several TCU-Texas games in Austin, and have never been treated poorly by UT fans.

A&M and Tech on the other hand...

Go Frogs!

CountryFrog

If only UT fans had a team that matched their unbelievable level of super fandom. Austin is known coast to coast for its raucous crowds every week with no empty seats ever. Many UT fans even know that their starting QB is named something McCoy.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The fact that UT t-shirt fans still talk smack after getting their arse handed to them three (now four) years in a row says a lot about them. Unfortunately, there was way too much orange in TCU sections.

There wasn't much smack-talk in his tone, merely light humor. He was a bit young to remember the Bad Old Days when officials that didn't meet Darrell Royal's exacting standards usually found employment elsewhere. Soon.

Considering the kid was a Spur, he was very level-headed about the fortunes of UT Football.

kodiak

There was an obnoxious fan several rows behind us and his constant chirping at the Frogs was annoying as all get out. He was a purple wearing Frog fan! Never have heard or seen him before and we have had our seats since the reseating. Maybe we have a T-shirt fan. He was moderately loud and sounded as if he was trying to start a dialogue with the players he called out by name.

Mean Purple

Horn fan on the radio this morning ragging on all the TCU fans that left early. The #8 team in the nation and the stands are emptying out with half of the 4th quarter to go......sad to agree with her. She has a valid point with really no excuse to leave early...... can't blame the heat or it getting late and we're winning.

It was a little after halfway in the 4th. Right after we scored again and the ball game was over. Nothing much to see at that point cause ut lost.

frogxc

One thing you're never going to avoid with our team - The fact that so many people drive from at least 35 miles away to get there. Since it's a night game, you're always going to have plenty of people leaving when the game is "most likely" decided, because they don't want to be sitting at a dead stop for 30 minutes before they even get on the highway to drive for 45 minutes at 11pm.

Just saying

Peacefrog

Degenerate
One thing you're never going to avoid with our team - The fact that so many people drive from at least 35 miles away to get there. Since it's a night game, you're always going to have plenty of people leaving when the game is "most likely" decided, because they don't want to be sitting at a dead stop for 30 minutes before they even get on the highway to drive for 45 minutes at 11pm.

Just saying
Truth. When we lived in north Dallas suburbs and parked in the parking garage it could take an hour just to get to to 35. Then an hour from there. Lead to late nights after night games. We didn't leave early but it was tempting.

Latest posts