• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else here like/collect watches?

W

Way of the Frog

Garment Tactix. Extremely resourceful and bullet proof.
Garmin-Tactix-Product.jpg

So are you Wonder Woman?

th

I never realized getting shot in the wrist was a concern for anyone.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I've got two watches that I wear on a regular basis, the basic black-and-white Swatch (yeah, I know, but I really like it) and a Wenger Swiss Military Watch. Both were Christmas gifts from my wife.
There's also an old Olympia I got from my Dad, nothing special, never wear it, and a few others that aren't worth anything, but they keep time.
The one thing I have that I really like is an old Gallet hand-held "Cadillac" stopwatch with a leather strap. I never use it, but to me it is really cool.

SuperBarrFrog

I don't wear a watch as it bugs me to have stuff on my wrist and not great when you do lots of working with hands everyday. I have a cool 60s Bulova that my grandad got from a work present but never wear it.

Tom Brown

I've got two watches that I wear on a regular basis, the basic black-and-white Swatch (yeah, I know, but I really like it) and a Wenger Swiss Military Watch. Both were Christmas gifts from my wife.
There's also an old Olympia I got from my Dad, nothing special, never wear it, and a few others that aren't worth anything, but they keep time.
The one thing I have that I really like is an old Gallet hand-held "Cadillac" stopwatch with a leather strap. I never use it, but to me it is really cool.

I wouldnt mind wearing one of the swatches

netty2424

So are you Wonder Woman?

th

I never realized getting shot in the wrist was a concern for anyone.

Not really a concern, but I actually knew a guy who was standing outside of a house at a party when a random car drove by and fired a gun at the party. Hit him in the wrist right above his hand. Basically blew his hand off.

He ended up with a prosthesis that opened and closed with movements in his wrist. At the time it was very advanced. He paid a ton of money for it. He would visualize his own hand opening and closing to pick up a glass and his prosthetic would do that. Took him a long time to master that. He shattered many glasses from squeezing too hard.

Tom Brown

Not really a concern, but I actually knew a guy who was standing outside of a house at a party when a random car drove by and fired a gun at the party. Hit him in the wrist right above his hand. Basically blew his hand off.

He ended up with a prosthesis that opened and closed with movements in his wrist. At the time it was very advanced. He paid a ton of money for it. He would visualize his own hand opening and closing to pick up a glass and his prosthetic would do that. Took him a long time to master that. He shattered many glasses from squeezing too hard.

Dear god

Frog-in-law1995

Hope he had a very understanding girlfriend.

Or was left-handed, I guess.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I used to have a bunch of inexpensive watches but have pretty much stopped wearing one

However, if there is another watch in my future, I hope that its a a Panerai

I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit for one of these

971906.png.adapt.262.394.png

FrogsMcGee

This thread has HASMSP potential.

Apple Watch is the only one I have. Never understood the fancy watch collection thing, but to each their own.

MN Frog

If you like trendy watches that have a 3-5 year shelf life, Taki Watches are really great. They are around $100 each and are great colors.

netty2424

Thats a good looking watch
At a bar years ago and a stopped off to the pisser. It's a 3 holer, no stall walls. Real classy joint.

I'm pissing in the far right, random dude in the middle. Left hole open when my buddy walks in and heads to the other end. Guy in the middle didn't know we knew each other and I knew my buddy was going to say something as he's one of those one liner guys.

Kind of leans over to the guy in the middle and says "nice watch". Guy says "thanks" and then you could see the look on his face after it hit him. He quickly zipped up and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I laughed my ass off.