• The KillerFrogs

Hurricane

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I'm not an alarmist. In fact, I'm somewhat cynical about disaster weather pronouncements. But this is bad. Very bad. We moved from the south shore of Clear Lake to Katy last year. Ike went directly over our house. We were fine.

But now everyone I've checked with and all my wife's Facebook friends from Clear Lake/League City/Kemah/Webster/Seabrook have water in their homes. Everyone. And they can't get out. Streets flooded.

My family's ok for now in Katy, although they've spent the entire night in interior closets because of the constant tornado warnings. I'm across the ocean. Bad choice for me to leave.

Harris county rainfall totals: https://www.harriscountyfws.org/#main

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I'm not an alarmist. In fact, I'm somewhat cynical about disaster weather pronouncements. But this is bad. Very bad. We moved from the south shore of Clear Lake to Katy last year. Ike went directly over our house. We were fine.

But now everyone I've checked with and all my wife's Facebook friends from Clear Lake/League City/Kemah/Webster/Seabrook have water in their homes. Everyone. And they can't get out. Streets flooded.

My family's ok for now in Katy, although they've spent the entire night in interior closets because of the constant tornado warnings. I'm across the ocean. Bad choice for me to leave.

Best of luck, man

Pharm Frog

I know what you meant Chongo. Don't worry about someone choosing to be a [ profanity ] and admonish you for no reason other than you sharing a harmless thought about weather.

I will say that the one Weather event that actually scares me is the tornado warning. It is almost always sudden and you can't just evacuate. Hate the tornado.

This. Have always been impressed with Okie's knowledge of geography. Everyone knows every county name and small town up here because of those warnings. But I will say that the predictions of "tornadic activity" days and zones have gotten real good over that last couple of years. But those lawnmowers of the gods get one's attention. Not a big fan of earthquakes either. But that's not weather event I suppose.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Addicks and Bear Creel flood contro dams are at record levels and taking in more than they can relese. Houston get about 50" of rain in a year. Expecting that much In a few days. This may may make New Orleans look like a pond after their disaster. With a city probably 5 times as large.

Chongo94

I know what you meant Chongo. Don't worry about someone choosing to be a [ profanity ] and admonish you for no reason other than you sharing a harmless thought about weather.

I will say that the one Weather event that actually scares me is the tornado warning. It is almost always sudden and you can't just evacuate. Hate the tornado.

Thanks Armadillo, I appreciate it. And most definitely agree with you about tornadoes. That's the weather warning where I start scanning the skies constantly. I've luckily never been through one and hopefully never will.

Raw Frog

After the flooding, water may be an issue. Hope the city water and sewer system can stay up and running, but flooding is an attack on it after a point.
Everyone should get a Berkey water filter if they are able, for times when the city tap does not provide clean water at will... prayers are with those in this storm.

netty2424

My brother is HPD, lives north of Houston in Spring and he's unable to get to headquarters this morning. He said all roads in are flooded or are about to be. Most officers are on the radios either trying to save other stranded officers or trying to find roads that are actually open/not flooded. Dangerous stuff down there.

Dogfrog

Same here except we moved from Clear Lake north shore area to Fort Worth two years ago. My friends in Dickinson have water in their house. Friends in Clear Lake are surrounded by water. When they told me Horsepen Bayou by CLHS breached its banks, that says a lot. That is a significant water rise.

Ron Swanson

All good on the tornadoes.

Apparently water is getting close to the houses on the streets around the house I'm supposed to buy on Thursday. Not sure how that'll play out

My mom just saw on the news that there is a large alligator in someone's yard at the intersection right next to their house. I told my dad to be a hero and CHOOT IT!!

What an absolute cluster.

On the bright side, and by far most importantly, my baby is doing well after a slight overnight scare (turns out it was nothing, but they couldn't figure out why she was looking gray)....

5KJhAvy.jpg

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
All good on the tornadoes.

Apparently water is getting close to the houses on the streets around the house I'm supposed to buy on Thursday. Not sure how that'll play out

My mom just saw on the news that there is a large alligator in someone's yard at the intersection right next to their house. I told my dad to be a hero and CHOOT IT!!

What an absolute clusterph*k

On the bright side, and by far most importantly, my baby is doing well after a slight overnight scare (turns out it was nothing, but they couldn't figure out why she was looking gray)....

5KJhAvy.jpg

The house doesn't matter. That beautiful girl does. Prayers for her, you, your wife, your doctors, your family Ron. May you have peace in the middle of this storm.

Dogfrog

Yea if I am looking at that picture correctly that water level is right on 610 northbound where it meets I-10. Incredible.