• The KillerFrogs

About to buy my season tix, a brief rant

ChrisHulce

Man I hope not! But if that happened, it would be his fault and not mine.

And my attitude is not wretched. The wretched attitudes belong to those who expect to get what they didn't earn or pay for.

Ahhhh! In the way this was set up, the paying folks were given priority over many people who had already earned it.

ChrisHulce

Capitalism, love it or leave it.

You fail to invest in the program for long periods of time and other folks did. You don't get credit for being a fan, you actually have to participate every year in buying tickets or donating to the program. Sorry life got in the way during your absence, just like it did for others, to not make the commitment to the program. Those that did participate get the rewards, those that did not do so get the leftovers.

Why is this so hard to understand?

My problem with this is, someone buying season tickets for 5 years and making a (not that substantial) donation, vaulted over those who bought season tickets for 30 years but didn't have the resources to make the donation. (Faculty and staff also got screwed ... but you could argue they were reaping the benefits prior).

PurplePainD

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/most

most (m
omacr.gif
st)
adj. Superlative of many, much.
a. Greatest in number: won the most votes.

b. Greatest in amount, extent, or degree: has the most compassion.

2. In the greatest number of instances: Most fish have fins.

n.
1. The greatest amount or degree: She has the most to gain.

2. Slang The greatest, best, or most exciting. Used with the: That party was the most!

pron.
(used with a sing. or pl. verb) The greatest part or number: Most of the town was destroyed. Most of the books were missing.

adv. Superlative of much.
1. In or to the highest degree or extent. Used with many adjectives and adverbs to form the superlative degree: most honest; most impatiently.

2. Very: a most impressive piece of writing.

3. Informal Almost: Most everyone agrees.
Idiom:
at (the) most
At the maximum: We saw him for ten minutes at the most. She ran two miles at most.

[Middle English, from Old English m
aeligmac.gif
st, m
amacr.gif
st; see m
emacr.gif
-[sup]3[/sup] in Indo-European roots. Adv., sense 3, short for almost.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

most
[məʊst]

determiner
a. a great majority of; nearly all most people like eggs
b. (as pronoun; functioning as sing or plural) most of them don't know most of it is finished

the most
a. the superlative of many and much you have the most money the most apples
b. (as pronoun) the most he can afford is two pounds

at (the) most at the maximum that girl is four at the most
for the most part generally
make the most of to use to the best advantage she makes the most of her accent
than most than most others the leaves are greener than most
the most Slang chiefly US wonderful that chick's the most

adv
the most used to form the superlative of some adjectives and adverbs the most beautiful daughter of all
2. the superlative of much people welcome a drink most after work
3. (intensifier) a most absurd story
4. US and Canadian informal or dialect almost most every town in this state
[Old English māst or mǣst, whence Middle English moste, mēst; compare Old Frisian maest, Old High German meist, Old Norse mestr]
Usage: More and most should be distinguished when used in comparisons. More applies to cases involving two persons, objects, etc., most to cases involving three or more:John is the more intelligent of the two he is the most intelligent of the students

HFrog1999

What will really stink is the Johnny Come Lately fans sitting in the seats we wanted just because they are buddies with someone who had a higher priority point rank.

This board will self destruct when people see visiting fans sitting in seats they wanted.

ChrisHulce

While this may not be a point about hard work or ability, it is most definitely about smarts and priorities. If going to TCU football games is high enough of a priority, you make it work. I worked for over one year at a minimum wage "job" after college trying to make my way in a tough industry, but TCU football was a high enough priority for me and I spent just about all of my "extra" money on season tickets. I didnt go out much, I didnt buy a bunch of new things, I didnt take vacations, etc. I CHOSE to spend my money on TCU season tickets because that was a priority. If you have other priorities, I completely understand, but please dont complain about not being able to get better seats now.

Does this reasoning work for everyone?

I choose not to feed my kids ... if I had thought harder, I wouldn't have had sex with my wife.

dkfrog

I choose not to feed my kids ... if I had thought harder, I wouldn't have had sex with my wife.

Your priorities, not mine...haha.

But in all seriousness, that was a choice. You happen(ed) to be in a place in your life where kids, wife, etc were/are a priority...THE priority even. I am/was at a place in my life where I chose for other things to be my top priority. We live with the consequences (good and bad), and I'm sure that you would never trade your wife and kids (but "bad" seats) for 50 yard line seats. Maybe in a few years I will have to make that decision, but I didn't have to yet.

You can't always determine your own circumstances, but you can live with the decisions that you make given your circumstances...

Go Frogs, Drink Beer, Stand in the Carter - we can all agree on these things.

ChrisHulce

Steel hates all you all. Steel especially hates those who confiscate trademarked material that is not theirs. Steel worked hard to creat That is All. Steel will sue the butt off Spike and anyone else who uses it again (Yes, this includes Wes) and will hand serve them personally, at the Railhead or wherever they may be found.

Also, 2100 in PP is fairly pathetic. If Steel is above you, then you are a miserable crapsack of a fan. And stupid and lack integrity etc etc etc

Now, THAT is all.

Thank you. Thank you very much. How are you? How have you been? Hi, how are you. Good to see you! Hey, how are you Buddy? Bye now. You take care now.

FiestyFrog created "That is all" or Frisco or whatever her name is/was, might someday be again.

pcf

Putt, one question; how come I can spend in excess of 2k a year for last 10 years and you can pass me in priority points in one year just for a one time donation?I am in 800's.

That's why they call it gaming the system. 3 points per $100 is a tremendous return in that system compared to the dollars one might spend on high dollar parking spots.