• The KillerFrogs

About to buy my season tix, a brief rant

frogs9497

Putt-

1. Why would you call someone else a drama queen? Have you not been slightly dramatic in this very thread?

2. By virtue of the company I work for, I've been the beneficiary of points that I did not purchase with personal cash. Thus, I got to pick seats on the third day. Yet, I don't feel like anyone complaining about the system feels like they should get to pick ahead of me. Why do you take it so personally?

cdsfrog

Putt-

1. Why would you call someone else a drama queen? Have you not been slightly dramatic in this very thread?

2. By virtue of the company I work for, I've been the beneficiary of points that I did not purchase with personal cash. Thus, I got to pick seats on the third day. Yet, I don't feel like anyone complaining about the system feels like they should get to pick ahead of me. Why do you take it so personally?

Any openings? :biggrin:

cdsfrog

depends. At a computer all day and I have the ability to multi-task. Tend to work 50 hours a week so lot's of free time. Don't get all huffy with me, I didn't [Rod Gilmore] at you.

PurplePainD

depends. At a computer all day and I have the ability to multi-task. Tend to work 50 hours a week so lot's of free time. Don't get all huffy with me, I didn't [Rod Gilmore] at you.

Didn't mean to be huffy, I spend a large portion of my day, and a lot of lunch time, on here.

Just scarfed down a Sonic Burger, back to work - Tooodalooo

Spike

You guys are nuts. I'm not rich. I just busted my tail last year, sold back all my vacations, worked Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Was gone 230 days and went in debt on the credit card to make a donation that would put me in position to get good/club seats. Any of you could have gone and got a credit card, made a donation to a "Scholarship Endowment" last spring, and got 3 priority points per 100 bucks. Even a relatively small donation would have moved most people significantly up the list. So don't tell me that you are a better fan or insinuate that I somehow took seats that you had a right to or accuse me/others of just buying extras to displace you or to sell them on Stubhub.

#1. It was a priority for us to have a parking pass next to my friends.

#2. It was a priority to us to get a couple of club seats so maybe I could lure my bride to games who hasn't particularly liked going in the past.

#3. It was a priority for us to be able to get bowl tickets that I didn't have to give away (because they were so crappy I would be better off watching on TV) and buying good ones on Stubhub.

#4. It was a priority for us to get extra tickets for my kids/their girls/friends/wives. You know why--It is actually more fun to have those you love with you at special events like tailgates and TCU football games.

#5. It was a priority for us to be able to get those seats with our life long friends so I moved up the list so that we could pick together. (I actually moved down to combine with them because I passed them with my donation.)

#6. Have seen countless posts on here slamming people for buying extra tickets that they need now because of the demand that they didn't need when you could just buy at the gate and sit where you wanted.

#7. Have seen countless posts stereotyping the folks who picked early as those who are selling their extras on Stubhub to make a profit. That happens but I seriously doubt to any extent greater than any other school/sporting event.

#8. The system the school chose for club seat/seat selection was their choice. I didn't design it. What I did do though was correctly predict what was going to happen over a year ago and made the decision to make the financial commitment to put our family in a position to get 6 seats.

#9. I am sick of the whining about and criticizing of folks just like me who made personal sacrifices and financial commitments to get good seats and maybe more than we had in the past.

#10. My rant was in response to Spike saying "he was more important that my family and friends." Insinuating somehow that I should have let him have my place in line or pick before I got to pick my extras. Actually, I would have no problem with that if that is how they set it up--but it isn't. Bottom line is that the system is what it is and it isn't my fault that he didn't take the necessary action to put himself in a better situation.

#11. I have never sold a ticket on Stubhub. I have never sold a ticket to a fan of another school. I have never sold a ticket to a TCU fan for over face value. I have sold plenty to fans standing in line for a few bucks or most of the time just given them away. Anyone who attends a game with me will do so on my dime.

#12. Really sorry that some of you think I am a real jerk for telling it like I see it. I just did what I had to do to make the TCU football experience the best I could for our family. I would think that would make me a better fan than most instead of some "perceived one percenter" who is hoarding seats that rightfully belong to others???

Couple more things:

satis1103--Thanks for the lecture, but you do not have a clue about what you are talking about. I understand that might be an opinion based on what you read but you are not describing me. Your work gives you a sense of satisfaction?? Great, I am happy for you. You truely wonder if I have ever felt that more than a couple of times in my life?? What a drama queen. Please can it!

50FT--Can it for agreeing with him? You don't have a clue either.

Spike--"Forgive me for being fiscally responsible enough to not spend money I wasn't making." Did you ever buy a car on credit? Did you ever buy furniture on credit? The last thing I am is fiscally irresponsible. I planned ahead. I saw it coming. I busted my tail. I sacrificed other stuff to save. I pay my bills. I am not some rich guy. I might have been able to swing a little more than most but it isn't like I just plucked it off of the money tree. It was a struggle. I just don't like being made out to be some evil jerk because I wanted good seats and planned, worked, and used the system designed by the school to get them. You could have done the same thing. Maybe not to the extent I did, but you wouldn't be in the situation you are complaining about now if you had.

I am going to say this one more time and leave this thread. Well I may come back to agitate Steel.

I do not have any beef whatsover with you having better seats than me. You have obviously invested in it, and I have no problem with people getting proper returns on investments. My problem is with the plus 4 system. This is in now way an indictment or slam on you. Your 4 extra tickets alone are not pushing me to the 15 yard line or the top row. But in the cumulative they add up. That 6 to 8,000 seats is the difference between my current spot, and where I was 2 years ago. Not sure how this qualifies me as an entitlement baby.

As I stated I am around 2100 on the priority points ranking. Hindsight being 20/20 I might have done some things differently but while I am a diehard some of the folks I was bringing to games have elected to go in other directions, and some of them are barely even in my life any more. Whatever. I am far too busy living the dream to spend much time mulling over the past, and I'll never spend top dollar for parking if I can avoid it. That's me.

My point was that I felt a 2100 priority ranking should have drawn better than the next to top row on the 15 yard line, when the place holds over 40,000. But for the plus 4 I would probably have had outstanding seats. This is not in any way a slam on you. Why you chose to inject yourself into my relatively minor rant, be insulted, defend yourself, puff yourself up, or insult me and several other posters (atleast one of which is a friend of mine) is beyond me. I meant absolutely no offense and frankly had no idea who you were or where your seats are.

I do look forward to watching you tell Satis to his face that he is a drama queen. Have a nice day.

THAT IS ALL!!!!

PurplePutt

I don't mean this as a put down, but some people feel that gaming a system to leapfrog people lacks integrity.

So now on top of being a "rich guy" (which I am not) who took seats that others deserved, I also lack integrity. So I should have not donated to the scholarship fund so that I might be able to get club seats and/or seats with life long friends who I have been sitting with for the last 11 years (6 as a season ticket holder).

I am not describing me but.....What if there was someone who lived overseas or far away and was a TCU alum and huge fan who spent countless nights trying to get an internet feed or watch a baseball or football game on game tracker. What if that guy moved back to Fort Worth last spring and really wanted to get season tickets and hadn't had them in the past. He knew he would be at the bottom of the list and may not be able to get decent tickets unless he made a donation. So he did that so he could get good seats. Surely you wouldn't say that guy has a lack of integrity--or would you?

What I think is that there are a bunch of sour grapes because a whole bunch of people had their heads up their [Craig James] and underestimated what the demand for tickets would be. Now they are all sitting around and whining about others while kicking themselves for not buying season tickets years ago or making donations in time to affect their standing. There I go drawing more flack from the folks with more integrity than me.

GMAB!

cdsfrog

Didn't mean to be huffy, I spend a large portion of my day, and a lot of lunch time, on here.

Just scarfed down a Sonic Burger, back to work - Tooodalooo

Ah ok. Seriously though....I spend 10 hours a day a computer for a living. That's the good part, bad part is that it gets boring.

PurplePainD

So now on top of being a "rich guy" (which I am not) who took seats that others deserved, I also lack integrity. So I should have not donated to the scholarship fund so that I might be able to get club seats and/or seats with life long friends who I have been sitting with for the last 11 years (6 as a season ticket holder).

I am not describing me but.....What if there was someone who lived overseas or far away and was a TCU alum and huge fan who spent countless nights trying to get an internet feed or watch a baseball or football game on game tracker. What if that guy moved back to Fort Worth last spring and really wanted to get season tickets and hadn't had them in the past. He knew he would be at the bottom of the list and may not be able to get decent tickets unless he made a donation. So he did that so he could get good seats. Surely you wouldn't say that guy has a lack of integrity--or would you?

What I think is that there are a bunch of sour grapes because a whole bunch of people had their heads up their [Craig James] and underestimated what the demand for tickets would be. Now they are all sitting around and whining about others while kicking themselves for not buying season tickets years ago or making donations in time to affect their standing. There I go drawing more flack from the folks with more integrity than me.

GMAB!

Putt,
Most of the people criticizing you are <25 yrs old. Reflect back to when you were 25; I know I thought I knew it all. Add to that the entitlement of the Millennial generation, and you have this. I don't question your integrity or feel that you are affected (by wealth). I do think some people may also be tired of you describing your actions to move up over and over in great detail. Maybe that's just me, because I spend way too much time on here.
-PPD

Go Frogs

PurplePutt

Ok, not so fast but only to answer Spike:

I got two club seats which is all I could/would swing financially. My seats outside the club were pushed from 17 rows up on the 30 to section 212 on the goal line. The first 786 selections pushed me way further away than I thought too.

Shut'em down, dismount, fight on foot.

pcf

GMAB!

I did not say that. I don't begrudge what you did or where you sit. What I am trying to point out is that the way people approach things like this varies and not just because they are lazy, poor, or stupid.

They simply don't think it is right for them to do. Some people feel that way about buying and selling tickets. I personally wasn't too compelled to act because I assumed I would just be jumping over some good folks who have been fans longer than me and probably deserve better than me being shrewd to beat them out.

Of course, it might also be that I was afraid that really good seats would find me surrounded by people that aren't any fun, but that's another matter.

50FT FROG

Putt-

1. Why would you call someone else a drama queen?  Have you not been slightly dramatic in this very thread?

2.  By virtue of the company I work for, I've been the beneficiary of points that I did not purchase with personal cash.  Thus, I got to pick seats on the third day.  Yet, I don't feel like anyone complaining about the system feels like they should get to pick ahead of me.  Why do you take it so personally?

especially given his history of drunken rants and getting sent on vacation  ....  love how he called me out, you have no clue about me so i would just quit while you're ahead.  i agreed with spike's post because you came off like a jack wagon - please find one post in my thousands of posts where i complained about the ticket process, i picked on march 20th and am in chairbacks in 236 - would i like seats on the westside lower level 50? damn straight i would.....i've been in lot 7 for the last 7 years and a season ticket holder for even longer, yet i don't consider myself any "smarter" or any "harder working" than anyone else for not doing what i did...  btw, my rank is in the low 900s...  we thought about club seats, but frankly, i would rather spend that money on my son...  i gave  to offset taxes and to support the school, the idea of getting better tickets never occurred to me when i started.  just like you, i bought extras, but i have a 2 year old that sat in my lap for the last 2 years and we'll bring friends as well (gasp, some of which went to schools like iowa state, ou and tech), otherwise, they'll be new frog fans.  i have no interest in selling my tickets and have given away tickets AND parking passes in the past on this very board.......... .you're the one that put out that "shut up and get to the back of the line" post to a known frog fan and you wonder why folks responded harshly (and all i did was agree with it).

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel hates all you all. Steel especially hates those who confiscate trademarked material that is not theirs. Steel worked hard to creat That is All. Steel will sue the butt off Spike and anyone else who uses it again (Yes, this includes Wes) and will hand serve them personally, at the Railhead or wherever they may be found.

Also, 2100 in PP is fairly pathetic. If Steel is above you, then you are a miserable crapsack of a fan. And stupid and lack integrity etc etc etc

Now, THAT is all.

Thank you. Thank you very much. How are you? How have you been? Hi, how are you. Good to see you! Hey, how are you Buddy? Bye now. You take care now.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm bugging out of this fight. Full AB. Bingo fuel. Gear down, full stop.
Well then in that case we'll have to discontinue stocking your posts, cancel all POs for future P.P. content and find a sub quickly, as long as we're using current and former service/employment lingo. It is kinda fun, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I also really appreciate your jab at me. Putt calling me a drama queen is about the funniest thing I've heard this morning. So I enjoyed the laugh and it helped make my mood even better. Thanks.

Look, I'm glad for your sake that you clarified your 11 (EDIT- 12 my bad) theses and also let us know that you're not really the person you sounded like. And believe it or not I'm not a jerk looking for a fight, and I'm certainly not some 25-year old who thinks they know everything as PPD theorized. That's another laugh in and of itself. I wish.

But c'mon man, before you came on here and let us know you're really in the "99%" and started backtracking (and let me stop and note - I do honestly admire and commend your committment to the priorities you've set, that's not my beef with your post) you made an [Craig James] of yourself and probably did give a lot of people the wrong idea. You lit into a good Frog and enumerated the reasons he doesn't have the situation you have: he's either not smart enough, not hard-working enough, or not dedicated enough to the Frogs in one of two ways. Your words, not mine. Why on earth then would you "insult" me for saying what everyone else is thinking? If you don't want people to think you're rich or arrogant or condescending or otherwise a complete [ Finebaum ]head, then next time don't sound like one.

ChrisHulce

Thank you for supporting TCU.

Now, for your fairly wretched attitude, may these folks sit beside you at every game courtesy of the guy who bought right before you and put his seats on StubHub
texas-longhorns-fan_display_image_display_image.jpg

Exactly ... Frogs fighten' Frogs - just ain't right!