• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Mean Purple

Zach live right now. (In the background you can hear a teammate say "we were unprepared and do not give a ...")

- "We losing ain't got s with me"
- "Good to see another QB"
- "How my foot? Been doing good, dude"
- "Bring that wallet. I need it"
- "I be back next week"
Boot his spoiled ass from the team.
Boot some other players too.
They are not tough enough and are obviously not giving their all.
If we do get new coaches, amd they are worth it, there will be about 8 or so known players who will either get booted by new staff or quit.

Everybody wondered if he was not playing full time in games because he was playing the NIL game. Now we know he was.

Can't pin this on coaches. That is a locker room poison issue. There was concern last year about some guys sandbagging.

Moose Stuff

This kid is overrated and taps himself out of games too much. And he his showing to be an example of how NIL can hurt ya.

Too many of you are even more out of touch than Gary is. Kids have changed, the game has changed, society has changed…. again, THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE. What you guys are asking for doesn’t exist anymore. The only fix is winning enough to not be bothered by it.

To anyone paying attention he’s one of the best teammates on the team. On the sidelines supporting guys even when he’s not playing. Perhaps he’s high maintenance (I honestly don’t know what the truth is) but he’s been good in the classroom and stayed out of trouble the entire time he’s been here. He may be doing some things you don’t like but to single him out is absurd. The team has 20+ issues to fix before you get to Zach Evans.
I regret posting that—more or less was relating that he said he would be back next week. I should have stuck with that.

Westsider

Zach live right now. (In the background you can hear a teammate say "we were unprepared and do not give a ...")

- "I be back next week"

I just don’t see a problem here. Just saying he didn’t play so he didn’t contribute to the losing effort. His foot’s good so he’ll be back next week. Bring the wallet? Haha, NIL, baby, better get used to that.

You guys need to relax. Jeez.

Mean Purple

- "I be back next week"
the other player seems to be knocking players' attitudes, not the coaches.
ZE is coddled by staff, so that aint who they are bagging on. Still, you never do that.

Wexahu

exactly. not sure why folks are on the worship train of that player. locker room poison.
Kid misses his HS team’ state championship game because he supposedly wouldn’t give up his phone. Well, that’s just overbearing coaches. Then his recruitment was probably the biggest circus of the 2020 class. Well, that’s just a conscientious kid just carefully weighing his options. Now all this week to week drama. I mean, you can convince yourself that this goes on all the time but it really doesn’t. Not near at this level at least.

So enthralled by the “5-star” talent that you look the other way, justify it, or find excuses, that’s what it looks like to me

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Kid misses his HS team’ state championship game because he supposedly wouldn’t give up his phone. Well, that’s just overbearing coaches. Then his recruitment was probably the biggest circus of the 2020 class. Well, that’s just a conscientious kid just carefully weighing his options. Now all this week to week drama. I mean, you can convince yourself that this goes on all the time but it really doesn’t. Not near at this level at least.

So enthralled by the “5-star” talent that you look the other way, justify it, or find excuses, that’s what it looks like to me
GP did better with hungry 2s and 3s that seemed glad to be playing…

NewFrogFan

Too many of you are even more out of touch than Gary is. Kids have changed, the game has changed, society has changed…. again, THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE. What you guys are asking for doesn’t exist anymore. The only fix is winning enough to not be bothered by it.
The coaching angst is loud and clear at my alma mater. It amazes me how many people don’t understand how our current society, the TP and NIL have and will change college sports. Its the same thing with name dropping over there. I predict the “older guard” coaches will adapt quickly or fade away to be replaced by up and coming guys that have realized they have to do things a little differently. Personally, I am all about players sharing in the revenue generated by their NIL, but I dont think this suitcase full of cash deal will survive very long before all out anarchy occurs. A significant portion of college football players have “no plan” for when the day comes they are sitting in the stands. You would think if the “founders” of NIL REALLY cared about the player, the program would be designed to allow at least a portion of their “contract” to be realized in “retirement”.

Moose Stuff

The coaching angst is loud and clear at my alma mater. It amazes me how many people don’t understand how our current society, the TP and NIL have and will change college sports. Its the same thing with name dropping over there. I predict the “older guard” coaches will adapt quickly or fade away to be replaced by up and coming guys that have realized they have to do things a little differently. Personally, I am all about players sharing in the revenue generated by their NIL, but I dont think this suitcase full of cash deal will survive very long before all out anarchy occurs. A significant portion of college football players have “no plan” for when the day comes they are sitting in the stands. You would think if the “founders” of NIL REALLY cared about the player, the program would be designed to allow at least a portion of their “contract” to be realized in “retirement”.
I can’t wait until these kids realize they’re supposed to pay taxes on this money.

Latest posts