• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans- Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week

Wexahu

As someone who was at every TCU home game LT played in, this is 100% accurate, especially the part about thinking he'd score every time he touched the ball.

Zach did some things on Saturday that I'd never seen LT do.

He has it all, but the smoothness he has when making cuts at near full speed stands out the most to me. It's very noticeable compared to the other backs. Some guys are just on another level ability wise, and he is definitely one of those.

Nick Danger

Evans only being a sophomore brings up a question. Was LT a sophomore when he was running behind and having to share carries with Basil Mitchell? I just seem to recall, but I could be misremembering, that LT got the bulk of his yards, not to mention notoriety, in his last two years!

SoonerFrogs

LT was returning kicks in his first year. He came out of nowhere in comparison (i.e. he was no 5-star). Only time will tell on Evans if he can be that great. He's certainly capable.

NORMLFROG

Far too early to tell IMO. And….completely different offenses so it may obscure some comparisons. But Evans is showing speed, shiftiness, and power running. Also catches passes and his blocking was impressive as well. Don’t recall LT being a part of the passing game.

His blocking is certainly impressive. I guarantee it stands out to the fellas in the room.

In fact, the skill player blocking was really strong on Saturday. Kudos to those players and big kudos to the coaches who stressed the importance of it! Made so many things happen.

NF

westoverhillbilly

LT played behind Basil Mitchell for 2 years until having a breakout junior year. Mitchell signed and played with the Packers. As an underclassmen, I remember LT coming in goal line stances and high jumping over defenders to get into the end zone. His freshman year (1997), the team was 0-10 until winning the finale against a decent SMU team.

CountryFrog

I love Zach Evans and he's clearly got enormous talent. But I'm not sure there's a single thing I'd say he does better than LT right now. Until he's doing things like this every week (and he very well might if he gets the carries) then any and all comparisons in any way shape or form are un-merited imo.

asleep003

Think Miller should get 30% of the carries and Evens 60-70% and Foster 10% when we can give it to him. He'll be the #2 by 2023. I feel bad for Demercado, because Foster should get the reps 1st over him because Foster has 3 more yrs with us... awful to say it though.

Eight

I love Zach Evans and he's clearly got enormous talent. But I'm not sure there's a single thing I'd say he does better than LT right now. Until he's doing things like this every week (and he very well might if he gets the carries) then any and all comparisons in any way shape or form are un-merited imo.

fairly certain he is faster than lt RIGHT NOW. now back in the day for lt is a different matter

Latest posts