• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen is transferring

Boomhauer

As a graduate transfer I believe he can play immediately (as long as he pursues a degree in a graduate field of study not offered at TCU).

Tre J

TCURiggs said:
Seems like a great Frog, and I wish him well. Wonder who else will go?

https://twitter.com/ZachAllen_12/status/733395250882826240
Can you please consolidate this with the other thread?  Wouldnt want to tie up the board with Frog news when there are all of these Baylor threads.

Planks

Zach Allen definitely did it the right way under the NCAA rules. Enrolled a semester early from high school, and then graduated in three and a half years, giving him two years years to play elsewhere.

If I had a son who was about to be a college football player, I would make sure he was in position to do the same thing. Graduate with two years of eligibility that way you're in a good position to transfer if things don't work out at the school you originally signed with.

Zubaz

Wow, I honestly had no idea he was still on the team, feels like he's been around forever.  Certainly got buried in the depth chart once Sawyer & Muehlstein finished their red-shirt years, and especially with Hill coming in.

Best of luck to him.  Certainly part of the greatest celebration in college football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsk9xCqIeU

Moose Stuff

Planks said:
Zach Allen definitely did it the right way under the NCAA rules. Enrolled a semester early from high school, and then graduated in three and a half years, giving him two years years two play elsewhere.

If I had a son who was about to be a college football player, I would make sure he was in position to do the same thing. Graduate with two years of eligibility that way you're in a good position to transfer if things don't work out at the school you originally signed with.
I'd actually rather have my kid who is never gonna play football for a living enjoy his SR year of HS and experience things like prom and graduation. And if he did follow the course you outline above the free graduate school would be a whole lot more important than the two years of football at some random school. My opinion.

cdsfrog

Moose Stuff said:
I'd actually rather have my kid who is never gonna play football for a living enjoy his SR year of HS and experience things like prom and graduation. And if he did follow the course you outline above the free graduate school would be a whole lot more important than the two years of football at some random school. My opinion.
except that those credits can transfer. And prom was meh. Fun but nothing like college from a memory standpoint. Wish I had 5.5 years there instead of 4.5. Damn wife made me graduate faster instead of 5 semesters of 9 hours each. Would have been glorious.

NavySupplyFrog

cdsfrog said:
except that those credits can transfer. And prom was meh. Fun but nothing like college from a memory standpoint. Wish I had 5.5 years there instead of 4.5. Damn wife made me graduate faster instead of 5 semesters of 9 hours each. Would have been glorious.
Freshman year of college infinitely better than my last semester of high school, granted I tore my hamstring at my first track meet and missed the entire baseball season but prom was overrated and I went with a cheerleader at the university of Colorado.

pgdaly84

Todd D. said:
Wow, I honestly had no idea he was still on the team, feels like he's been around forever.  Certainly got buried in the depth chart once Sawyer & Muehlstein finished their red-shirt years, and especially with Hill coming in.

Best of luck to him.  Certainly part of the greatest celebration in college football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsk9xCqIeU
Haha. My wife asked who he was, and I had to show her this video.

pastorfrog

His recruitment was weird. He flipped to TCU a day or two before he was to enroll early at Cuse. But he's got a degree from TCU, went 23-3 the two years he saw the field, with a Peach and Alamo ring. Well done Mr Allen.