• The KillerFrogs

Yu Darvish

PhillyFrog

Scary thing, he's about 2-3 years away from being the best he can be. Once the umpires start giving him the veteran calls he'll be putting up Ryan-type K numbers.

The Iranian version of Randy Johnson. You could make a nice B-grade horror flick out of that storyline....

maximilian

Someone mentioned it on another board, but I'll repeat; he shook off Napoli 6 times before a mound visit in the 9th inning.

How intimidating must that be to see the guy shake off 6 different pitches?

The tailing action on his fastball is 80 grade. Simply incredible. Not to mention, he was touching 96 in the 9th inning, after 113 pitches.

Most impressive of all? The poise. CJ Wilson (and a lot of other pitchers for that matter) would have gotten frustrated with 2 BB's early on that should have been K's. Not Yu; he simply throws one of his 3 or 4 off speed pitches and makes some good hitters look silly.

If you can't tell, I have a man crush on this dude.

Frog-in-law1995

Someone mentioned it on another board, but I'll repeat; he shook off Napoli 6 times before a mound visit in the 9th inning.

Didn't see the game. Perhaps shaking off location some, too? Or maybe just trying to get in the batter's head. Used to do that a lot. Love, love, love this guy's stuff.

yeah the camera shot was perfect on that one... close up of Yu shaking off all the pitches with grit and determination in his eyes..

wish they would have left him in!!! took him out and the next pitch from Joe Nathan was a double play to end the game.. complete game shut out sure would have been nice!

I personally thanked the Japanese guys in the office on behalf of the Texas Rangers. I also asked them if they knew Yu. You know, because they're Japanese.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
When he shakes off 6 times, it isn't location, it is pitches.

Fastball? No
Two seam? No
Cutter? No
Curve? No
Slider? No
Change? No
Splitter? YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS