• The KillerFrogs

You're GP and you decide to make a change...

Pharm Frog

If I am LHCGP...I go after an OC who runs a veer-variation option scheme. Some type of hybrid Oregon / GA Tech offense. Would be nasty for B12 teams to prepare for, could control clock, could leverage speed over size, and be able to recruit big WRs who can block (ala Georgia Tech). But I'm a Bill Yoeman-influenced fan.

NewFrogFan

I don't think there will be any changes due to the simple fact the "teenagers" were alot of the problem. IMO, what the offense did/did not do had a TON to do with youth having to play more/before their time. The offense will run fine when they have MORE players to use and the ones that played this year have the experience to look back on. Trust me, TCU does not see 1/10th the problems I SEE EVERY WEEK WHEN I WATCH LSU!

Horny 4 Life

Two experienced, career OC types would be high on my list....Noel Mazzone and Tony Franklin.

Franklin comes from the Hal Mumme school of coaching and had a brief and difficult stint at Auburn as the OC under Tommy Tubbs. His offenses are generally among the highest scoring in FBS and his scheme is not that difficult to implement. He's great with developing QBs.

Noel Mazzone actually has TCU experience, having coached QBs here for a couple years under Wacker. His scheme is also fairly easy to implement and he's consistently producing quality statistical offenses. He's done a pretty good job with developing QBs.

Both guys are known for developing QBs but they run up-tempo offenses that come with some risk. Neither has ever moved up the ladder to the HC position and I don't know if either would take that opportunity. Both are a far cry from what LHCGMP has shown a preference for as an OC.

An under the radar FCS guy I've been keeping an eye on for awhile is Aaron Best at Eastern Washington. He is a former OL and works with their OL and has done a pretty good job of helping them overcome a lot of OL issues in the past to put a very good O onto the field.

Another FCS guy I've been keeping an eye on is Tanner Engstrand at U of San Diego. I could see him being willing to take Fuente-like career path.

Realistically, I see no change being made.

dannyfrog

I would like to know what CGP is thinking right now period. I promise you his wheels are turning super fast right now thinking of what to do after watching that game tonight.

Jameson is good!

Limp Lizard

We don't even know if we need a new OC with the horrible line play. If the OL does not improve, get a good OL coach....then see how the offense goes with at least a little blocking.

TCUSA

Coach Fran?

Wouldn't have an issue with Fran. He's a damn good offensive gameday coach--one of the best I've seen. Knows when to play it safe and, more importantly, when to go for the throat or open things up to change the direction of a game. His ego would probably get in the way, though.