• The KillerFrogs

Your top 4 is?

Endless Purple

I was curious who people would put as the top 4.  Not who they think the committee would pick, but your best 4 teams.

List the 4 teams you think would win over the other 124 FBS teams on a neutral field in best 2 of 3 type set.

I am thinking:
Alabama
TCU
Baylor
Oregon

rifram09

I think FSU would lose to Oregon, Bama, Baylor, and TCU.  But until they lose I have a hard time putting them behind any of them.  They scheduled well and won their games.  They shouldn't be penalized because (a) their conference isn't as good as ours, or (b) they didn't blow people out.  One loss and they are right there with Ohio State on the outside looking in, though.

I think Miss St is a good football team.  But their OOC sucks just like Baylor's, so they don't deserve a lot of credibility now that they slipped up any more than Baylor does.  So both of them go toward the back of my 1-loss teams.

Ohio State gets credit for scheduling Va Tech IMO.  That has been a good team until the last 2-3 season. Their intent was good, as evidenced by their future schedules.  So, they don't get penalized for OOC scheduling, but they should get hammered for dropping a game to a bad Va Tech team.  While the B1G is pretty dang weak, they do have to play a B1G CCG against one of the other best teams from their league.  One more good game = another chance to slip up that the B12 doesn't have to face. Add all that up and I think they should be equal to Miss St and Baylor who play in better leagues but intentionally lightened their loads by weak OOC games. 

Oregon's loss was bad, but they're pretty good.  One loss and they should be in, especially after their CCG.

Bama scheduled well, plays a tough SEC West, and a tough CCG.  One loss and they're in. 

TCU scheduled a fairly respectable, middle-of-the-road B1G team OOC.  We should be treated accordingly.  It isn't like last year when we played LSU or our future schedules where we play Ohio State.  But it's leaps and bounds better than Miss St and Baylor scheduling three auto-wins.  Plus--and this is our strongest asset--so far our only loss was a fluky, referee-assisted, come-from-behind loss to another team banging on the door of the playoff.   If we make it to 11-1, we've done everything we were supposed to do.  Beat all the teams we were supposed to beat, and gave everyone hell.  If we get left out, it better be because 4 other teams accomplished more--not merely because we happened to lose to another one of the teams with some semblance of argument for inclusion.

So, if everyone finishes with the same number of losses, I have:

FSU
Bama
Oregon
TCU
Ohio State
Miss St
Baylor

BUT we aren't at the end of the year yet.  I doubt all these teams remain one-loss teams.  One loss by any of them drops them out for good.

fanatical frog

Oregon
Alabama
TCU
The fourth spot is too close to call.     Baylor has had a great season and Ohio State looked like a top four team against Michigan State but not so much against Minnesota.
If I'm the sole decider on the fourth team and I'm forced to make a choice today I have to say Baylor.

edit:    I'm not "penalizing" Florida State.....I've watched them twice this year and just don't believe they're one of the four best teams in cfb this year....just my opinion.

I don't think you can leave out an undefeated reigning National Champ. So I would go with

Alabama
FSU
Oregon
Miss St

I think we need the cowbells to lose a game and then we have a chance to get in. Don't forget tOSU is starting to get love.

KLPFROG

Bama
Oregon
Florida State
TCU

My argument for TCU is this: Without doing any research, I am going out on a limb and saying we are the only team in the country to play 8 straight weeks without a bye and run through a pretty tough Big 12 gauntlet with one "controversial" loss to a Top 10 team. We had an emotional big time win against Kstate and went on the road and looked bad, but still won. Baylor had an emotional and again controversial win against us and they go on the road and LOSE by 2 touchdowns. Plus, it seems that so far we have played and beaten every Big 12 team at the height of their success (except that one lone 3 point loss to Baylor).

BigEasyFrog

full house frog said:
I don't think you can leave out an undefeated reigning National Champ. So I would go with

Alabama
FSU
Oregon
Miss St

I think we need the cowbells to lose a game and then we have a chance to get in. Don't forget tOSU is starting to get love.
Mine as well.  Just don't see how to penalize MSU that badly for now, and as much as FSU is not liked much in general or maybe as impressive fair/not, they know how to win.

Of course there is still plenty left to be settled the last 3 weeks, and if we can beat Texas with somewhat good deficit and blow the doors off ISU, I like our chances giving ourselves a shot.

Still too many unknowns and stuff to be settled to be completely down about this ugly win or the possible situation on the outside looking in.

Froggy Bottom

1) Oregon
2) Alabama
3) Florida State
4) TCU
5) Ohio State
6) MSU (now that they have a loss, BU-esque OOC schedule becomes an issue)
7) Arizona State
8) Baylor

And for you nervous nellies, remember Oregon? The team that lost to Arizona and had a 7 point derp win over mighty Washington State? They're most likely number 1 this week which proves the committee looks at your full body of work and not just one less then graceful win.

Moose Stuff

And now for the unpopular answer.....

1) FSU - defending champ, Heisman Trophy winner, never loses. The sole point of playing a game is to win. They do it every week. Don't like it? Then beat them.
2) Alabama - Really good team, really good coach
3) Oregon - only loss was with a beat up OL, playing very well
4) MSU - their loss is better than our loss, barely.

Next 3.....
5) Baylor - they beat us, not a single person on here would feel differently if it was the other way around.
6) TCU - play a better last 10 minutes in Waco and we're #1.
7) OSU - playing very well since early loss.

f_399

Endless Purple said:
Do those ranking Florida St think they would win the games or are just deserving because they have not lost yet?

Can't deny they find ways to win the game.

IF they can just start strong, they would have blown out every team they played this year.