• The KillerFrogs

You want body of work?

tcufrogprince1

I dont care about all of the other arguments going on.  This is the biggest factor for me. 

We have been one of the best teams for the past 16 years without one real shot at the NCG.  We have only had 3 bad seasons.  In that time we won the WAC, Conference USA and the MWC several times.  We had to earn our way back to the Big 12. This year might be a fourth different Conference title and in only our 3rd year.  We are the better story going into the playoffs.  Baylor has only been semi relevant for the past two-three years.  We deserve the playoff shot for the sole reason that its 16 years in the making.  Something no other team has on its resume. 

Since 1998 TCU is 16 years at (153-55) with a Rose Bowl win, 3 different Conference Championships (with multiples in each) and 14 Bowl appearances (9 of which were Bowl Wins)

In that same time Baylor is at (83-138) with a win at the Alamo bowl going 2-2 in bowls and 1 Conference Championship.

Who has earned it with a body of work that goes back 16 freaking years?   TCU

So committee....If you want to look at body of work, look at what TCU did to get to this position over the last 16 freaking years.  It far outweighs the crap that Baylor has done in the same time. 

punter9

tcufrogprince1 said:
I dont care about all of the other arguments going on.  This is the biggest factor for me. 

We have been one of the best teams for the past 16 years without one real shot at the NCG.  We have only had 3 bad seasons.  In that time we won the WAC, Conference USA and the MWC several times.  We had to earn our way back to the Big 12. Now we are going to have a share of the BIG 12 title in only our 3rd year.  We are the better story going into the playoffs.  Baylor has only been semi relevant for the past two-three years.  We deserve the playoff shot for the sole reason that its 16 years in the making.  Something no other team has on its resume. 

Since 1998 TCU is 16 years at (153-55) with a Rose Bowl win, 3 different Conference Championships (with multiples in each) and 14 Bowl appearances (9 of which were Bowl Wins)

In that same time Baylor is at (83-138) with a win at the Alamo bowl going 2-2 in bowls and 1 Conference Championship.

Who has earned it with a body of work that goes back 16 freaking years?   TCU

So committee....If you want to look at body of work, look at what TCU did to get to this position over the last 16 freaking years.  It far outweighs the crap that Baylor has done in the same time. 

Put that in your pipe and smoke it....other teams!  Great narrative to get out there.

I did bold one area of concern.  I think KU, TEXAS, and Iowa State have teams full of big time D1 players that have something to say about it!  KU first........snowy snowy KU.

mc1502

punter9 said:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it....other teams!  Great narrative to get out there.

I did bold one area of concern.  I think KU, TEXAS, and Iowa State have teams full of big time D1 players that have something to say about it!  KU first........snowy snowy KU.
This.  KU scares me more than any of our remaining games.   Snow is a hell of an equalizer.

Having said the above, I'm not in agreement that our methodical rise out of the college football waste land that was the WAC, MWC... should have any impact on this year's rankings.  This team is worthy of a playoff spot based on this year's performance and body of work.

tcufrogprince1

LMAO.  I did it on purpose, but didnt think anyone would catch it.  The first title was, "The Point we havnt heard."  If we make it to the NCG I will have plenty of pics to share of the after parties.  Dallas has some great swingers bars.

tcufrogprince1

mc1502 said:
This.  KU scares me more than any of our remaining games.   Snow is a hell of an equalizer.

Having said the above, I'm not in agreement that our methodical rise out of the college football waste land that was the WAC, MWC... should have any impact on this year's rankings.  This team is worthy of a playoff spot based on this year's performance and body of work.
I totally agree, but I dont think we get picked without some PR on this point.  We are the best story by far.  This season alone has been a great story, but we have been a relevant team for the past 16 years.  It should be our shot at the title for the fact that we have been winning for 16 freaking years without one shot at the NCG.  

tcufrogprince1

When you think about it, its kind of like Alabama getting the nod on the "eye test".  Its history and image that gets them ranked higher.  Same with the SEC.  We should start advertising our brand as the kids that grew up and dominated along the way.  #ITSOURTIMETCU  #BUILTTCUTOUGH  #BUILTFROGTOUGH

the TOTAL "Body of Work" should be the most important criteria governing the committtee's evaluation each week... ( IMHO they should really consider the BLATANT cheating that occurred via 27 seconds on the "stopped clock" during the final drive by Baylor to allow them time to get into FG range and kick it)... Just sayin'...

tcumaniac

tcufrogprince1 said:
LMAO.  I did it on purpose, but didnt think anyone would catch it.  The first title was, "The Point we havnt heard."  If we make it to the NCG I will have plenty of pics to share of the after parties.  Dallas has some great swingers bars.
How exactly do those work? Do you have to show up with someone and then you just find a couple to flip flop with?

TCURiggs

MR. TCU (tcumaniac) said:
How exactly do those work? Do you have to show up with someone and then you just find a couple to flip flop with?

TPhil.jpg

SwissArmyFrog

For the committee, past body of work should mean little, and rightly so.  The previous year will always have an impact on how things start for the following year, clearly, but that should be it. 

Good read, though.

tcufrogprince1

MR. TCU (tcumaniac) said:
So much more to it. Imagine a club that you go to already and try and pick up women. These clubs are basically that without all the bs in between. People are very open and upfront with what they want. Sometimes things happen on site and sometimes they happen off site and sometimes nothing happens at all except meeting some new friends. Can it get eyes wide shut? Yes, but that isn't every club. The on site clubs are a bit more crazy than the offsite.

tcufrogprince1

SwissArmyFrog said:
For the committee, past body of work should mean little, and rightly so.  The previous year will always have an impact on how things start for the following year, clearly, but that should be it. 

Good read, though.
There is what they tell you they are influenced by and what they are influenced by. I'm sure they are trying to be objective but you can't tell me an Alabama, Notre dame isn't going to get the benefit of its prior history. We need to be pushing ours is all I'm saying. We should have youtube videos out and a commercial during our games that shows a quick history of how tcu football lost it's way and then climbed the mountain for sixteen years to get back. If the committee keeps hearing it over and over that #ourtimeisnow. I can't help but think they would be influenced. We shall see.