• The KillerFrogs

You should have been here

S3NATOR

I heard a few scheiss you TCU's from the crowd beside me during the game. They chanted their Raider Rash song during the TCU alma mater and while Ty Slanina was injured on the field. Got called a loser in the restroom before the game started.

I can handle the name calling and banter. I just give it right back. But when the whole fan base chants during the alma mater and injuries it just seems wrong.

After the game was over we did get a lot of GG's from tech fans. So they had a lot of good guys too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I will go again next time.

S3N

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Punter1 said:
My thoughts exactly. Between the classless fans, awful refs,  city and long drive from anywhere...Lubbock is a game to miss.

I'd defiantly never take my family there.

And there lies the problem. It's football, not the Civil War. Missed a Classic! They have changed the area that the visitors sit in (away from student section)! In fact, we ran into some very cool Tech fans, even after the game.

Gary & the players don't agree with your sentiments. They appreciate the support of those who go. It means a ton to them to see us there.

This sentiment is exactly what they want. Less of us, more of them. Not going to push us (me) around.

Bill Bozeat

my take of game and experience is that there were far less TCU folks there then I expected. Being away from the Student side or end zone is a good place for opposing fans. I was about the only purple clad person in my section, but ALL/MOST of the folks around me were cordial One guy insisted calling me "Fort Worth" I thought that OU had a lot of T-shirt fans, but most of the people around me for sure didn't go to Tech, just root for them...HARD. If we had not made that catch, although I keep my cheering fairly low key, all heck would have come down on me. As it was they were just in shock and "same old Tech" excuses were rampant

NavyFrog

Scott said:

And there lies the problem. It's football, not the Civil War. Missed a Classic! They have changed the area visitors sit (away from student section)! In fact, we ran into some very cool Tech fans, even after the game.

Gary & the players don't agree with your sentiments. They appreciate the support of those who go. It means a ton to them to see us there.

This sentiment is exactly what they want. Less of us, more of them. Not going to push us (me) around.
Have to agree with Scott.  After our experience 2 years ago we were never going to go, but Mrs. Navy talked me into it at the last minute.  Moving the visiting teams seats away from the drunk, classless students was big.  Most everyone else was cordial.  Even had a few folks (older) thank us for coming. 

The KFC bus was awesome, so sign up for the OU/OSU games (shameless plug for Scott and We).  It is really the way to go.

We will definitely be back because as Scott says, the players really appreciate us being there.  And when it really comes down to it, it is really all about the players and supporting them.

The 400 Frogs

PurplFrawg said:
I'm picturing the TCU fans headed out of the stadium like the scene in The Birds where the school teacher led the kids out of the classroom and across the playground.
Always love a Hitchcock reference on college football Monday morning roundup...