• The KillerFrogs

You Know What?

Trelvis

Those of you that know me, know that I am usually a "glass is half empty" type of person. I cant be negative with this team though. I love this group of guys. They play their heart out on every down of every play. It would have been easy for this group to fold it up for the season, but they didnt.

Im not into moral victories. This wasnt a moral victory. At the same time, you have to be proud about the way this team played tonight and they way they have played all season. This team is going to be ferocious in a year or two.

Even though this isnt the best TCU team I have ever seen, I am proud of them. This team has Horned Frog fight. GP has them ready to go every week.

Trelvis

I have no doubts that TCU will own this conference for years to come. Dont listen to what people say to you or what people say on Twitter or Facebook. Just smile and say ok. They will know whats up when it hits them in the face.

SnoSki

It took 3 OTs and 2 trick plays for the #17 ranked team to beat a team starting 16 freshmen. Yeah losses are bad, but the game was extremely entertaining and this team has a very, very high ceiling.

Our freshmen and sophs will remember this loss and will be motivated to work extra hard in the offseason. Hopefully all of the losses this year have inspired them all to stop smoking weed and stop drinking so much, if not completely. A focused team for the next 9 months will be deadly in a year.

asleep003

I have no doubts that TCU will own this conference for years to come. Dont listen to what people say to you or what people say on Twitter or Facebook. Just smile and say ok. They will know whats up when it hits them in the face.

Toadally agree

Also predicted if these youngsters went 6-1 or 5-2, and that was with Casey, that they would have grown up enough to win 2-3 of their last 5 B-12 games... and still feel the same today.

Cheers !

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Reminds me of Baylor last year, RG3 had to have a perfect game to beat us, Tech had to do the same today. If Boykin and the receivers start to click in the red zone we very well could win out.

SnoSki

Reminds me of Baylor last year, RG3 had to have a perfect game to beat us, Tech had to do the same today. If Boykin and the receivers start to click in the red zone we very well could win out.

Yeah we definitely need to get more TDs. For some reason we go pass heavy with a short field, despite the fact that our RBs were averaging 6 and 4.9 yards per carry. Tonight these 2 RBs rushed it 27 times, and boykin threw it 47 times.

Not sure why we didn't keep running it more tonight before OT.

Atom

Tech was far from perfect today. That said, a break or two more in our favor in critical situations and its a different game (ie recovering Techs onside, hauling in the Int where they scored a td after., roughing the passer in ot, etc)

Purple Daze

Yeah we definitely need to get more TDs. For some reason we go pass heavy with a short field, despite the fact that our RBs were averaging 6 and 4.9 yards per carry. Tonight these 2 RBs rushed it 27 times, and boykin threw it 47 times.

Not sure why we didn't keep running it more tonight before OT.

I think part of that is that we have very little RB depth and a lot of WR depth. Having Tucker back makes a huge difference in the run game but he's not still not 100%. Tech was daring us all night to throw the ball. I was truly shocked at how often they lined up in press man on our WR's with one high safety. Seems like their plan was to take away the run game and make TB and the WR's beat them. Funny, as frustrated as you were with us not feeding the run game I was just as frustrated that we didn't take advantage of Tech's defense. They ended up getting away with it because we didn't force the issue (I'm guessing it was the OC's call) but you can't tell me that Boyce, White, Carter and Brown can't beat press man more often than not. I think we tried to take advantage two or three times deep up the sideline. On one they grabbed Boyce around the waist in the endzone, no call of course, one was incomplete and one was for a 60 something yard TD to Brown in the last few minutes. It was there ALL game. Law of averages and great receivers say if we try it 8-10 times we are going to come down with half of them but we didn't try. That, more than anything else today, frustrated me.

Atom

I think part of that is that we have very little RB depth and a lot of WR depth. Having Tucker back makes a huge difference in the run game but he's not still not 100%. Tech was daring us all night to throw the ball. I was truly shocked at how often they lined up in press man on our WR's with one high safety. Seems like their plan was to take away the run game and make TB and the WR's beat them. Funny, as frustrated as you were with us not feeding the run game I was just as frustrated that we didn't take advantage of Tech's defense. They ended up getting away with it because we didn't force the issue (I'm guessing it was the OC's call) but you can't tell me that Boyce, White, Carter and Brown can't beat press man more often than not. I think we tried to take advantage two or three times deep up the sideline. On one they grabbed Boyce around the waist in the endzone, no call of course, one was incomplete and one was for a 60 something yard TD to Brown in the last few minutes. It was there ALL game. Law of averages and great receivers say if we try it 8-10 times we are going to come down with half of them but we didn't try. That, more than anything else today, frustrated me.

I saw CGP lighting into one of the offensive coaches and his mic after some dinky dunk play - i don't think you were the only one who realized this

Purple Daze

Doesn't surprise me... I did see him go off on two offensive coaches during our next to last drive before halftime when we ran up the middle for no game to put us in a 3rd down situation. I know he likes ball control but....he's a defensive backs guy and knows better than anybody if you are going to line up and press with one high safety eventually you are going to be chasing a WR into the endzone and I'm surprised he didn't point this fact out to the offensive staff as we fiddle farted in plus territory resulting in multiple field goals....