• The KillerFrogs

You guys got screwed.

Ron Swanson

I got texts from Aggies, Longhorns, a Sooner, and even a Red Raider saying that the refs were terrible and we were getting screwed.

This definitely isn't a case of us just looking at it through purple glasses .

That being said, our offense played like dog 'crap'.

2314@work

Contributor
Ron Swanson said:
I got texts from Aggies, Longhorns, a Sooner, and even a Red Raider saying that the refs were terrible and we were getting screwed.

This definitely isn't a case of us just looking at it through purple glasses .

That being said, our offense played like dog 'crap'.
this

SMU21TCU10

SMU fan here.

Y'all got hosed. I was so pissed watching that. So much for the heralded 8th referee. 

Games like that make we wonder why I even watch CFB sometimes. When we played Tech we had a TD called back in the 3rd that would have put us in the lead for a hold on a guy who got tackled on the play! Not saying we would have won, but after that we just got blown out and the momentum completely shifted. 

Y'all won that game IMO. 

sheetman

SMU21TCU10 said:
SMU fan here.

Y'all got hosed. I was so pissed watching that. So much for the heralded 8th referee. 

Games like that make we wonder why I even watch CFB sometimes. When we played Tech we had a TD called back in the 3rd that would have put us in the lead for a hold on a guy who got tackled on the play! Not saying we would have won, but after that we just got blown out and the momentum completely shifted. 

Y'all won that game IMO. 

I remember that.

SMU scored a TD to take the lead but it was called back because of a bogus holding call that consisted of the SMU running back getting tackled on a play action fake and the holding call being on the SMU back. SMU had to settle for a field goal and it changed the entire game.

Tech has been on the right side of calls this year that is for sure.

sheetman

Phroggie said:
As bad as the offense was, I am not sure a few of the really bad calls did not affect the outcome tremendously, by the change of the emotion on the field. Big punt return, penalty and return called back; bit punt return, penalty and run called back; turnover on a punt return, penalty on TCU and Tech retains possession and gets an extra 15 yards; fumble recovered by TCU, overturned by the review booth. Each of these events could have changed the emotion on the field and changed the outcome. Instead, the may have each led to an emotional let down.
I said this all game.

Tech was the beneficiary of a lot of free momentum shifts last night. That is a big deal when you are the home team.

Momentum IS a part of the game.

SMU21TCU10

sheetman said:
I remember that.

SMU scored a TD to take the lead but it was called back because of a bogus holding call that consisted of the SMU running back getting tackled on a play action fake and the holding call being on the SMU back. SMU had to settle for a field goal and it changed the entire game.

Tech has been on the right side of calls this year that is for sure.
We missed the FG so came away with 0 point lol

BigEasyFrog

Sure the refs stunk overall - I can't stand games in general that are impacted to large degrees by happy go flags, but we didn't deserve to win, blaming the refs in most cases is a cop-out excuse.  Again they were bad, but the team/offense has nobody to blame but themselves, had plenty of opportunities to score more in spite of refs.

Ron Swanson

BigEasyFrog said:
Sure the refs stunk overall - I can't stand games in general that are impacted to large degrees by happy go flags, but we didn't deserve to win, blaming the refs in most cases is a cop-out excuse.  Again they were bad, but the team/offense has nobody to blame but themselves, had plenty of opportunities to score more in spite of refs.
It's true we played terrible and I wouldn't say we "deserved" to win, but we did outgain them 400-330 something. So it's not like they were just the better team hands down or anything.

Our offense played like crap, but our defense and special teams played well enough for us to win despite the offense.

The refs did everything in their power to stop that from happening though