• The KillerFrogs

You guys got screwed.

Cyclones

Those were some horrible refs, it reminded me of the Iowa State vs. Kansas basketball game last year. I don't know why those refs were so horrible, but they were the same ones from the Kansas game last week and they were just as horrible. They will hopefully be looking for new jobs soon. I was originally rooting for Tech to beat you, but as the night went on and the fouls stacked up I wanted TCU to win. You got hosed through the whole game.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
When people rooting against you realize how bad the officiating was, it was bad.

Thanks, but I still say a competent offense wins that game going away.

TCUGuy

Refs sucked, they were beyond belief...

At the same time....

Our offense sucked more, our OC's are a complete joke, and if Patterson can't see that, than we have bigger problems than all of us want to imagine.

smufrogger

Yet we still need an offense- we got screwed on special teams plays and a defensive play...no offense for this team under these coaches

Froggy Style

Been saying it for a year and a half now.  Offense is atrocious.  It must be changed immediately...mainly so I don't have a heart attack.  I can't bear to watch such a pathetic display of play calling any longer.  How many times did I see three WR bunched up on the sideline on the short side of the field?  Really?  Is the defense worried that one of them is going to run over and get a drink of water?

IamFroglash88

Shadow Dweller said:
Like many others have said, if the offense had been competent, the refs would have been an annoyance, but the deciding factor.
I didn't change what you wrote.  They were the deciding factor last night.

The officiating in the entire conference has beem atrocious. We got screwed plenty last year but so did just about every team. Remember OSU? The only legit outcomes are blowouts. Other than that there's usually a handful of awful calls that mar the results.

Moral of the story: Run up the score. Don't allow the refs to be a factor.

West Coast Johnny

Cyclones said:
Those were some horrible refs, it reminded me of the Iowa State vs. Kansas basketball game last year. I don't know why those refs were so horrible, but they were the same ones from the Kansas game last week and they were just as horrible. They will hopefully be looking for new jobs soon. I was originally rooting for Tech to beat you, but as the night went on and the fouls stacked up I wanted TCU to win. You got hosed through the whole game.
Thanks for the sympathy, but when you play offense like we did - we have no one to blame but ourselves.

jscheff83

Unfortunately, college officiating isn’t that great generally speaking, but the Big 12 seems to screw up big calls in almost every major conference game. It’s been that way for years, and it’s completely unpredictable which team is going to get the screw job week to week, which means they are just flat out incompetent.

Phroggie

As bad as the offense was, I am not sure a few of the really bad calls did not affect the outcome tremendously, by the change of the emotion on the field. Big punt return, penalty and return called back; bit punt return, penalty and run called back; turnover on a punt return, penalty on TCU and Tech retains possession and gets an extra 15 yards; fumble recovered by TCU, overturned by the review booth. Each of these events could have changed the emotion on the field and changed the outcome. Instead, the may have each led to an emotional let down.