• The KillerFrogs

You got what you wanted

geefrogs

All you whiners finally got what you wanted. Patterson now gone, the man who put TCU back on the college football map after decades of nothingness. He was responsible for the millions spent on facilities and being relevant for twenty years. Wokeness has killed this program not him. Players who are entitled and cry when their feelings get hurt made this year worse than it should have been. Patterson is the man and will always be the man.

Is this a Russian bot?

teamcantella

Where are you getting your numbers?

Also, your history is a little hazy. The TCU football turnaround didn't start with Gary Patterson, it started with Dennis Franchione. Patterson carried on what Fran started.
Are you sure about your history. Gary and Dennis where both there when things were turning around. Yes, Franchione had the HC title but how did their careers unfold after they went separate ways? Franchione ended up back at Texas State and CGP was the 10th highest paid coach in the country with a life size bronze outside the stadium he built. Maybe it was not all coach Fran who turned it around.

What a know it all. You feel big now that you kick CGP when he is down, and on his way out. What a classes fool why don't you just shut your mouth. He is gone, you got what you wanted. Oh and by the way your assessment is cheap and clueless. It is exactly because he is a rock that we had this amazing run. He is a stable force that gave his players something to trust in. He was loyal to his players, to his staff and the university. He could have left countless times for bigger jobs, he could have turned his back on players going through hard times, he could have kicked staff to the curb to save himself but he did none of that. His loyalty and his steadfast character is indeed a "Rock",and that is why we won. "there is nothing knew under the sun" and I will take a rock rather than blown around in the winds of "cultural shifts".

Hi Gary. Will you be in attendance on Saturday?

TAINTed frog

I’m thrilled. I can keep 2 things in my one at once: (1) thank you, Gary for everything. (2) you’re scheissibjg now. Move on strum you’re “guitar

teamcantella

Why do
No

I hope he does though

I wish I could be there, but my agent and I have a few meetings to attend around the country. It's really interesting how fast my scheduled filled up, once I told people that Zach and about 10 other students could come with me to these meetings. No need to worry as I bet I will be attending a TCU game real soon.

PO Frog

Why do

I wish I could be there, but my agent and I have a few meetings to attend around the country. It's really interesting how fast my scheduled filled up, once I told people that Zach and about 10 other students could come with me to these meetings. No need to worry as I bet I will be attending a TCU game real soon.
Lol. Nobody cares. Someone else is welcome to pay him $6 million a year to win 4 games.

Toad Jones

Do we know if he's retiring?
He needs to de-program and that will be hard, really hard. However tonight Mr. Gary Patterson will go to bed and most likely sleep till 9:00 am, something he hasn't done in many months. I don't want Gary to retire, from football yes but there is a need for his talents somewhere. I wouldn't' be surprised if a phone comes in, wanting to talk to Gary about a position. There really wasn't anyway out of this and it would have been terrible to see it get worst and most likely it would have. Gary, Kelsey go where the water is crystal clear and winds are warm. One other item GP, Ft. Worth is your home. Your family is here and it will open its arms to you guys forever.

This needs to be said so here goes. Vic and Donati had to break up this marriage because of their respect and admiration of Gary and what possibly would hv been very unpleasant, so for that, the decision was finalized this morning. Think Gary understood that or will in the coming days. BTW Gary would also say pretty fast, stop thinking he was solely responsible for the facilities and the millions of dollars. Manoman there were thousands who donated capital, time and effort to build this university, thousands

Last edited:

Frogs1983

All you whiners finally got what you wanted. Patterson now gone, the man who put TCU back on the college football map after decades of nothingness. He was responsible for the millions spent on facilities and being relevant for twenty years. Wokeness has killed this program not him. Players who are entitled and cry when their feelings get hurt made this year worse than it should have been. Patterson is the man and will always be the man.
Lol. Perhaps it was his 500 record the past 4 seasons that " got us what we wanted"?

No one wanted Gary to fail! I have been a TCU fan for over 50 Fricking years! You know how many sorry TCU teams I have watched over that time? A whole lot!

I would have loved for Gary to adapt with the times and continue on. He chose to not make the necessary Coaching changes needed to be competitive in the Big 12!

Maybe the new hire will be worse. Maybe he will be better? Time will tell.

TCU cannot afford to be a 500 level program with possible additional changes in Conferences happening in the near future .As one who has witnessed decades of bad TCU football, I applaud the change .

If it doesn't work out,I will still be a TCU fan and proud Alum.

Wish it could have worked out better for Gary, most appreciative of all he has done for TCU football.

Unfortunately, this is a business and must be dealt with as such!

LisaLT

No one on this forum has the power to fire GP. If you want to be angry at someone, direct it to Donati or VBo. We are allowed to express our dissatisfaction with the product on the field that has been going on for quite some time. The fact that it was time to move on was OBVIOUS to many who support the program including myself. I hate that it happened like this, but that was not OUR choice.

smufrogger

Many on this board were hoping for a turn around for the last 3-4 years (me included) but patience has met reality and yesterday’s debacle made it quite apparent that it was not going to happen. It’s been a great ride....we have the money find the next great coach I believe. Good days are ahead!!!
This team needed fresh coaching blood interjected and Gary was not going to do it- some on here act like he was going to coach for eternity- he’s in his sixties! Time to hang it up.

PurpleBlood87

Thanks Kelsey.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
What a know it all. You feel big now that you kick CGP when he is down, and on his way out. What a classes fool why don't you just shut your mouth. He is gone, you got what you wanted. Oh and by the way your assessment is cheap and clueless. It is exactly because he is a rock that we had this amazing run. He is a stable force that gave his players something to trust in. He was loyal to his players, to his staff and the university. He could have left countless times for bigger jobs, he could have turned his back on players going through hard times, he could have kicked staff to the curb to save himself but he did none of that. His loyalty and his steadfast character is indeed a "Rock",and that is why we won. "there is nothing knew under the sun" and I will take a rock rather than blown around in the winds of "cultural shifts".
If you want to misinterpret my earlier post to better fit your bitter view of the situation then that’s your choice. Patterson didn’t evolve with the college football landscape these past five years while his unwavering loyalty to his staff was causing blind spots. If you don’t like that assessment then you’re free to ignore it.

HFrog1999

5 of last 6 seasons we lost more in conference than we won. 2017 was an anomaly, an accident….not the norm. It was time. Plus, using your metric…2017 was four seasons ago.

Yeah, ideally Patterson should’ve retired right after that Alamo Bowl

giphy-downsized-large.gif

froginmn

5 of last 6 seasons we lost more in conference than we won. 2017 was an anomaly, an accident….not the norm. It was time. Plus, using your metric…2017 was four seasons ago.
It was a good kind of accident, then.

Cmon. You can make plenty of case with the other years without that silliness.

We also appeared in the Big 12 Championship game that year.

Last edited: