• The KillerFrogs

You can't trust the police regarding DUIs, they lie big time.

hindry

i ain't a lawyer, but i will give u some legal advice

don't blow

don't drink and drive....but don't blow irrespective

BAL is proof by law, but actually means nothing. are u less impaired at .07 than .08 if you have been drinking for 10 years. i think not. u think not.

its being impaired should be the crime.

they will pull you over for cause, probable or not, based on time of night and proximity to a bar. this is in the cadet handbook.

again....don't blow...ever....as in never ever

its your civil right.

hindry

they pull you over w/o probable cause, say an erractic move at 11;30 on university. it may be u adjusting your seatbelt, but to them its enough for a traffic stop. even then then there is no probable cause.

they gently ask...'have u been drinking tonite, sir" and any one of us would answer truthfully, " couple pof beers, officer!" . you have been disarmed by their politeness. and there is your probable cause.

if you say no, they ask for license and registration, stick their head in the window, sniff around, then ask you to step out of the car.

at this point there is something you don't know. they run the eye scan test, or Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus standardized field sobriety test. none of us could pass it, because its not a scientific test. its the officers opinion on his own observations.
and if he wants probable cause to breathalyze you, this is how he gets it. how can eye test be disproven later? it cannot

there was nothing in the traffic stop that lead to the breathalyzer that consitutes probable cause in any way. erractic driving is not an indicator, nor denying you have been drinking. nor Nystagmus test.

you may be over the limit. who knows what your BAL is after 2-4-6 beers? nobody knows. but .09 in a 250 lb man who has drank since college is not impaired.

don't ever blow. period.

Tom Brown

And the next dumbest thing is getting mad and arguing with the cop. It speaks of a 9-year-old's brain in a 20-something's body.....let your lawyer do the arguing...

That's a great point that you're making, that we as citizens should bend over and smile while we take whatever the cops give us. We should also shake their hands and thank them before contacting our attorneys.

Frog-in-law1995

That's a great point that you're making, that we as citizens should bend over and smile while we take whatever the cops give us. We should also shake their hands and thank them before contacting our attorneys.

You're right. Next time you think an officer is treating you unfairly, punch him in the face. Your situation will immediately improve.

swimmerbabe11

You will always gain more by being polite and professional to an officer. That doesn't mean you can't refuse to do certain things. Besides, FWPD don't mess around. If you get even slightly physical, you will lose.

Btw, I have passed a field sobriety test in high heels. However, I hadn't been drinking for hours and I didn't drink very much when I had been.

Frog-in-law1995

You will always gain more by being polite and professional to an officer. That doesn't mean you can't refuse to do certain things. Besides, FWPD don't mess around. If you get even slightly physical, you will lose.

Btw, I have passed a field sobriety test in high heels. However, I hadn't been drinking for hours and I didn't drink very much when I had been.

+4. Well, except for the FST part. It was more of a kitten heel.

tetonfrog

It doesn't matter if you blow or don't blow in Jackson Hole if you are drinking and driving. If you refuse to take a BAL test, then they take you to the hospital for a blood sample. They call the judge and the court order is waiting for you there. The DUI laws are very tough in WYO after a drunk driver killed several members of the WYO track team several years ago. When you start to argue against any DUI rules, remember that.

Tsfardiim

There sure is a lot of anti-cop sentiment on this board. There are several TCU alums in police departments all over North Texas, and probably elsewhere, including at least one former football player.

You know what the secret to not getting hassled by the cops is? Don't break the law. Yeah, the calibration on the breathalyzer might have been off. Do you think it was off by nearly 10 points? Was Casey targeted because of the time and location? Perhaps, but the simple solution is to not be there, at that time.

As for the OP, good god man. Is winning that much more important to you than Casey's well-being. You've suggested that he needs to be back for Baylor, and now you are arguing he wasn't really drunk, and that it's a case of an over zealous cop. Is the PAC 12 thing dependent on Casey or something?