• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo: TCU Eyes Another Storybook Season

SnoSki

Great story on the Frogs and what has been built here in the last 10 years. Here's to 100 more just like it!

Yahoo story LINK

Even die-hard fans such as Jenkins, now 81, doubted TCU ever again would be among the nation's elite.

Yet TCU has had three consecutive top-10 finishes, including last season's perfect record that included a Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin and a final No. 2 ranking. TCU again has become a national championship contender.

"Did I ever think I'd see it? Of course not," Jenkins says. "Now, I've got memories to go with Sam Baugh and Davey O'Brien. I hope it ain't all over."

It shouldn't be over. TCU no longer is a rising program, no longer a nice [Deleted] story. Instead, it's a powerhouse. Each season programs such as Alabama, Oklahoma and Ohio State lose star players but replace them and continue to thrive. TCU resides at that level now, too. ...

More on Yahoo

SnoSki

No prob. It was on the Yahoo NCAAF home page with a pic of CGP. I thought it was going to be an article trying to like him to the open tOSU job.

SnoSki

No prob-- just noticed that Top posted it earlier today. I double checked but didn't see it beforehand. Oops.

NativeFrog

It gets a little tiresome reading "tear-jerker" articles about Dan Jenkins and TCU football. Are there no other noted TCU alums who are TCU football fans?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
It gets a little tiresome reading "tear-jerker" articles about Dan Jenkins and TCU football. Are there no other noted TCU alums who are TCU football fans?

Here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCU_notable_alumni

Starting calling. Let us know what you find out.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
No worries. We are passed worrying about that sort of thing on the FFF. :ph34r:

Where is gdu when you need him? And what's the point of waking up early and posting the articles and pinning them? Apparently none. It is pretty easy to see if an article has been posted if someone really wanted to check.

I think I'm about done with it and it can just go to free-for-all news postings.

Have fun!