• The KillerFrogs

Will we increase the size of AGC

TCUdirtbag

We've got to be close to levelling out on average game attendance.

Why on earth would we want to increase the number of available seats for our opponents?
When we play OU in 2012, I'd prefer 38,000 Frogs and 5,000 Sooners to, say 42,000 Frogs and 10-12,000 Sooners.
I'd say once you add seats over the current capacity of AGC, you add 2 opposing fans+ to every TCU fan.

More seats does not equal more Frogs.

At some point you have to stop looking at the #'s pissing match and look at the quality of the home field advantage.

Endless Purple

I think I am going with the 50,000 so I won't be disappointed when that is what gets done.

Reality, we probably won't need more than 45-47,000 for the next many years. Continued success will allow the attendance average to grow slowly still. I don't see continued jumps due to the BE (in football). Those recent ones came from getting to the Fiesta and Rose for the first time. The newness will wear off. With success, in 5-10 more years, we could build the average to close to 50,000 as more and more locals buy in.

The catch is that adding 3000 seats in 5 years will be a total waste of money so we have to build it now, IMO. This will maximize the usage in the future, plus allow the ticket prices to maintain a slow increase instead of a big jump. There just cannot be a series of down years anytime soon.