• The KillerFrogs

Will we increase the size of AGC

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Which BE program do you think will bring fans or inspire metroplex folks to come on over when they otherwise wouldn't have?

Pitt and WVU. Would also think locals might be more interested in Cuse, Louisville, UCONN, or Rutgers as opposed to New Mexico, UNLV, Wyoming, Colorado State... who knows though?

gdu

Pitt and WVU. Would also think locals might be more interested in Cuse, Louisville, UCONN, or Rutgers as opposed to New Mexico, UNLV, Wyoming, Colorado State... who knows though?
Eh, they weren't that much more interested in Louisville and Cincy when we were in the same conference as them before.

So Pitt/WVU will be kinda like BYU/Utah. How much bigger should we go for 1 big game a year?

Gunner

Eh, they weren't that much more interested in Louisville and Cincy when we were in the same conference as them before.

So Pitt/WVU will be kinda like BYU/Utah. How much bigger should we go for 1 big game a year?

Louy and Cincy were not part of the BCS then either.

I think Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, will draw some big crowds.. Think the decision to double deck the student side has already been made. Heard that anyway.. :unsure:

FinanceFrog

i agree with what you're saying. but what we haven't seen how big of an impact moving to a BCS conference is going to make. i would think the louiseville/TCU matchup would be more interesting to local sports fans if you have a bcs bowl on the line.

fanatical frog

Which BE program do you think will bring fans or inspire metroplex folks to come on over when they otherwise wouldn't have?

TCU. As you know, our attendance has increased each year for a while now and averaged 43,000 last year. With the Rose Bowl win I'd think attendance would increase again this year. The logic of building a 40,000 seat stadium the year after averaging 43,000 escapes me. Seating capacity of 50,000 sounds about right to me.

Don't forget we have LSU and OU coming in and if we want (and I do) more marquee names to visit AGCS for OOC games we should have seating capacity to accommodate them.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
i agree with what you're saying. but what we haven't seen how big of an impact moving to a BCS conference is going to make. i would think the louiseville/TCU matchup would be more interesting to local sports fans if you have a bcs bowl on the line.
The time for half measures is past.
CDC has this on the HUD.
Target acquired...

YA

Plus you have to remember OOC games. Now that we are in a BCS league you will eventually see better OOC schedules.

Teams like Clemson, Ole Miss and Kansas should appear on our schedule now that we have the BCS label and decent stadium with the opportunity for TEXAS recruiting for the OOC teams that come to Fort Worth.

Basically, there will be no more excuses except for one--THEY ARE SCARED TO PLAY US!!!!

PurplePutt

Yo gdu,

I know you would argue with a fence post but pretty sure the train left the station. Do I sense that you would be in favor of crushing all the momentum by keeping the initially planned capacity at 40K when we averaged 42K this year?

Like I said, a person I trust on stuff like this is saying taking the capacity to 50K or 50K+ is a done deal!

And yes, I believe TCU's attendance will continue to grow due and ever increasing interest from local football fans. Louisville and Cincy were not AQ back in the CUSA days. TCU was not a perennial top 10 team then either. TCU hadn't won a Rose Bowl or gone undefeated and finished #2 or #3. Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, UConn, Rutgers, will all generate more interest and intrigue. Don't know how many more fans they will bring but the East Coast media and college football television coverage will hype the games more too. I think there will just be more interest across the board because of the numbers of people in those markets as compared to the MWC.

2 cents.

gdu

TCU. As you know, our attendance has increased each year for a while now and averaged 43,000 last year. With the Rose Bowl win I'd think attendance would increase again this year. The logic of building a 40,000 seat stadium the year after averaging 43,000 escapes me. Seating capacity of 50,000 sounds about right to me.

Don't forget we have LSU and OU coming in and if we want (and I do) more marquee names to visit AGCS for OOC games we should have seating capacity to accommodate them.
I wouldn't vote for stopping at 40k, but there is a big difference between 42-44k and 50k. Fortunately the folks in charge are smart enough to realize this. I think alot of you guys are forgetting how much SRO capacity is being designed into the new stadium.

micahjh

I dont think there is any doubt that the average number of away fans per season at AGC will go up substatnially in the Big East. It wont be anything like if we were in the Big 12, but it is still going to be a noticeable bump. Add that into the fact that attendance from home fans is steadily rising, and going to 50k is probably a really good idea.

fanatical frog

Yo gdu,

I know you would argue with a fence post but pretty sure the train left the station. Do I sense that you would be in favor of crushing all the momentum by keeping the initially planned capacity at 40K when we averaged 42K this year?

Like I said, a person I trust on stuff like this is saying taking the capacity to 50K or 50K+ is a done deal!

And yes, I believe TCU's attendance will continue to grow due and ever increasing interest from local football fans. Louisville and Cincy were not AQ back in the CUSA days. TCU was not a perennial top 10 team then either. TCU hadn't won a Rose Bowl or gone undefeated and finished #2 or #3. Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, UConn, Rutgers, will all generate more interest and intrigue. Don't know how many more fans they will bring but the East Coast media and college football television coverage will hype the games more too. I think there will just be more interest across the board because of the numbers of people in those markets as compared to the MWC.

2 cents.

When ?

gdu

Yo gdu,

2 cents.
I am not sure what you sense, but I do not think 40k capacity is sufficient.

PurplePutt

I wouldn't vote for stopping at 40k, but there is a big difference between 42-44k and 50k. Fortunately the folks in charge are smart enough to realize this. I think alot of you guys are forgetting how much SRO capacity is being designed into the new stadium.

Great! We can seat 50K and another 5-10K can stand up! :biggrin:

gdu

I dont think there is any doubt that the average number of away fans per season at AGC will go up substatnially in the Big East. It wont be anything like if we were in the Big 12, but it is still going to be a noticeable bump.
I guess that is what I disagree with. Why are Syracuse and Cincy suddenly going to start bringing fans? I don't think any BE school will bring as many fans as BYU did.

joejordan

Louy and Cincy were not part of the BCS then either.

I think Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, will draw some big crowds.. Think the decision to double deck the student side has already been made. Heard that anyway.. :unsure:
This post is the first I have ever heard of putting a double deck on the East side.