• The KillerFrogs

Wife of SMU Golf Coach Jason Enloe

frogs9497

Feeling for Coach Enloe and his family tonight. He announced that his wife, Katie, lost her battle with very aggressive leukemia this morning, having received the diagnosis less than 5 months ago after finding a lump in her breast. She leaves behind two young daughters and was the SIL of PGA golfer Hunter Mahan.

This hits a little close to home, as we had a scare ourselves. My wife, who is near the same age as Katie, just last month had an abnormal mammogram and sonogram, thus requiring a biopsy. Two very stressful weeks went by when we finally received news that her test results were benign. I've thanked God every day.

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses."

https://www.golfchannel.com/article...coach-enloes-wife-dies-after-leukemia-battle/

LisaLT

Such a terrible and tragic story. So very sad and unfair for such a young woman to experience. Heartbreaking for her family, especially her girls.

I’m relieved to hear your wife (frog9497) is ok. Make sure to give her lots of hugs tonight and every night, and forever.

Moose Stuff

That’s so sad. We’ve been through the “abnormal mammogram” at my house a few times (runs in my wife’s family). It’s not fun.

Opintel

Moderators
Damn cancer. Many times you don't even get a fighting chance.

Prostate cancer, 2003-2004. Free of it since then - get your butt down and have a screening; I had a colon screening last month, all clear. Ms Op was quite pleased.

Here's a big hug to all my brothers and sisters who have faced that crap. God bless you, and your families.

LisaLT

Prostate cancer, 2003-2004. Free of it since then - get your butt down and have a screening; I had a colon screening last month, all clear. Ms Op was quite pleased.

Here's a big hug to all my brothers and sisters who have faced that crap. God bless you, and your families.
Screenings are so important. Colon cancer is largely preventable if you get your colonoscopy when you should. Unfortunately, the same isn’t true for other types of cancer. Make each day count In some way.

netty2424

Devastating. Hate to hear that.

Good friends mother was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Leaving Friday for Germany for treatments not approved in the US.

Cancer is a SOB.

Limp Lizard

Screenings are so important. Colon cancer is largely preventable if you get your colonoscopy when you should. Unfortunately, the same isn’t true for other types of cancer. Make each day count In some way.
Apparently this is not done enough. Most places now put you under, so the procedure itself is almost pleasant...easy out and easy wake-up with propofol. The prep the day/night before sucks, but just a little discomfort for such an important procedure.

Frog-in-law1995

Apparently this is not done enough. Most places now put you under, so the procedure itself is almost pleasant...easy out and easy wake-up with propofol. The prep the day/night before sucks, but just a little discomfort for such an important procedure.

Yes to all of this. Had a scare myself a couple of years ago and now have to have one every few years, but other than the night before, it’s not bad at all. In and out in just a couple hours.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

Thanks