• The KillerFrogs

Why Oregon?

Frog89

TCU is #2 in the computers and Oregon is #3. The Harris and Coaches polls are where Oregon has the advantage this week. High octane offenses impress, but with no defense they are going to have a problem when they play a good team with a defense, and an offense that they can't stop. How could they stop the TCU offense?

I agree. Oregon would have a terrible time stopping the TCU offense. I'm not sure the same can be said for TCU stopping Oregon.

On scheduling, this is the same schedule from the 'BCS' conference that at least according to ESPN tonight, may have an unranked Pitt representing their spot in a BCS bowl game this year. How much would Boise or TCU hang on Pitt? And we're supposed to be more impressed with that 'BCS' schedule than our own? Even the Pac 10, we've beaten Stanford handily the last few years and opened up beating OSU. Neither team could run at all and they have 2 of the best backs in the country when we played them.

Sorry, BCS is more perception than reality, except for maybe the SEC. I still want in the BE for all the obvious reasons. But the perception of the quality of the Oregon wins are much bigger than the reality, in my opinion. I'm fine with Auburn being there if they run the table, but I'd like some people applying the 'eye ball' test on both offense and defense between TCU and Oregon before they just give Oregon the nod. I know that's not how it will work, but they may be leaving out the best team in the country in TCU. Oregon's style scores fast and often. CGP flat out shuts teams down as they also dominate on offense.