• The KillerFrogs

Why are there fireworks?

Kipster198

Go and enjoy the time with your son. That is more important than a football game.
The trip is absolutely to have 16 hours in a car & eating out. It’s about building memories & spending time together.

But, not sitting in bleachers & feeling frustrated for 3.5 hours as the focus of the trip, would be a nice bonus.

We drove to Purdue two years ago (missed the trip last year because of Covid.) That was a great trip- lots of excitement in the air at the possibilities of a fun season. This year feels a little different.

Next year, we’re driving to Boulder- week one can hopefully be full of optimism.

Time will tell.

Salfrog

Tier 1
The trip is absolutely to have 16 hours in a car & eating out. It’s about building memories & spending time together.

But, not sitting in bleachers & feeling frustrated for 3.5 hours as the focus of the trip, would be a nice bonus.

We drove to Purdue two years ago (missed the trip last year because of Covid.) That was a great trip- lots of excitement in the air at the possibilities of a fun season. This year feels a little different.

Next year, we’re driving to Boulder- week one can hopefully be full of optimism.

Time will tell.
My Dad use to take me to most all out of town footbal games back in the late 70's & 80's when we were REALLY bad. We went on several bus trips also with the Frog Club. The games were bad, but the memories of time spent with my Dad are never-ending & extremely special to look back on. Never ever pass up a chance to spend quality time with your children. Memories sweet...

YA

My 16 year old son & I are driving up to Manhattan on Friday. Tickets, hotel for 2 nights, rental car, gas, food.. We’re less than excited about it. Seems like a colossal waste of valuable money to see us fall to 3-5 on the season.

Walking back to the car after the game last night, he asked me if we could take the money & go on a weekend cruise instead. It was tempting.
I’m supposed to go too. I’m about to eat the airline and B&B cost for my group. I just cannot do it anymore

Eight

Time will tell.

some of our kids best memories are from moments at the time weren't the best in terms of weather or some travel snafu or things didn't go well, but when we all look back upon the trip(s) the memories seemed to have gotten better over time and any investment in memories is a great way to spend the most valuable resource