• The KillerFrogs

Who is not fired yet and where do we go

NewFrogFan

I don't think we should fire anyone mid season. Unless it's the head coach because you need to get going on a search for the replacement. I still believe in Sonny; the team last year was well coached and this staff is mostly unchanged. I think Briles was a bad hire and I would undo that decision. I wouldn't lose sleep over letting Gillespie go, but I think it would be more sensible to give him another year.
His defense is getting exposed for what it is not designed to stop, AND, what it is designed for. Every team can plan on 5 yards per play, so they do, and he does nothing to change gears. Watching Georgia’s defense and then watching TCU is like watching two different sports.

NewFrogFan

We should of beat WVU/Colorado so...

If we stop turning the ball over, we can win 6. If we can create more turnovers (this I'm more skeptical) we can win more than 6.
How many ESPN types said TCU should be 7-0 when they get to the hard part of the schedule????

Obviously at this point you play out the year and evaluate players and coaches to see who steps up. Tough to say what our chances to make a bowl are- Hoover is a wild card in particular. But there are 6 games left and momentum can shift quickly in football.

GP got fired after he was smoked by lesser quality teams 3-4 times in a year…we are at that point already with losses to Colorado and ISU / WVU.

Probably losses to WVU / Tech and maybe Baylor on deck
Just curious. How can we lose 2X to WVU in one season W/O going to the championship game? We definitely won't be going to that game

One Frog Nation

GP got fired after he was smoked by lesser quality teams 3-4 times in a year…we are at that point already with losses to Colorado and ISU / WVU.

Probably losses to WVU / Tech and maybe Baylor on deck
you know I am not sure they are lesser quality teams that beat us. What does that say about us? BYU will the tape measure for the balance of the year win and maybe end up with 6 wins, lose and roll up the carpets for this year.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
His defense is getting exposed for what it is not designed to stop, AND, what it is designed for. Every team can plan on 5 yards per play, so they do, and he does nothing to change gears. Watching Georgia’s defense and then watching TCU is like watching two different sports.

Both are very mediocre coaches. If Sonny wants to actually win fire them and high useless people.

That's like me as a manager keeping people graded as an F. Why do that? They got paid millions to do an a very poor job, they will be fine.