• The KillerFrogs

Who is not fired yet and where do we go

Hemingway

Alright. Who’s still on the coaching staff. Has anyone been fired or anything?

Where do we go from here? Do we just go young and play everyone now.

How do we right the ship and get in a bowl game?

Hemingway

There are not three wins left on this schedule.
Bowl game?
How do they get it together and best BYU.
Bowl game?! Don't talk about ... bowl game?! You kiddin me?! Bowl game?! I just hope we can win a game!
That’s bs. We absolutely can get 3-4 more wins. Not sure about UT and OU.

Maybe Morris out of there is what we needed. He just didn’t have it for four quarters. Him declaring Morris as the starter that early ….That was Sonny helping another coach’s kid btw. I called him Mr. Glass a long time ago btw. This is how things go also. Something unexpected happens and then something good and unexpected could happen.
It’s not going to be as bad as Casey Pachall getting a dui, I know that.

ShreveFrog

BYU is a tough out. Pass defense has to be on point. Give Hoover a manageable game plan and execute.

Maybe Morris is back Nov. 2 for wins on the road at Tech and home against Baylor. That's 6 W's.

LVH

I think its a bit premature to talk about firing people at this point. I know we suck and its clear this team is not well coached but you can't just knee jerk fire people like that.

What if we fired GP after the Northwestern State loss in 2001, or after the Cincinnati loss to open the year in 2002 after the subpar 2001 season.

With all that being said I am very concerned with what I am seeing. It's not like we are losing because the other team has better players. In 2013 we went 4-8 but it was a respectable 4-8 because we just didn't have the depth or players yet in the Big 12, but we were in every game, the defense played very well, and the guys fought hard. I still think we finished 27th in ESPN's FPI that year despite the 4-8 record. Lots of close 1 possession losses and in 2014 we were able to build on the previous year, flip the results of those 1 possession losses and win the conference.

2023 however is not 2013. We have put more talent out on the field in every game this season compared to our opponents. What I am seeing is the basics and fundamentals not being executed. That means the coaching staff needs to be on a shorter leash than what would typically be called for. No one is being fired or replaced during or after this year except maybe Briles (I never saw it as a good fit) but there needs to be signs of improvement in 2024 and close 2023 with something to build on.

Limey Frog

I don't think we should fire anyone mid season. Unless it's the head coach because you need to get going on a search for the replacement. I still believe in Sonny; the team last year was well coached and this staff is mostly unchanged. I think Briles was a bad hire and I would undo that decision. I wouldn't lose sleep over letting Gillespie go, but I think it would be more sensible to give him another year.

Frog DJ

Clearly, all you guys who don't think TCU should fire the entire staff immediately don't know anything in comparison to the many kf.c football savants who insist this is the biggest disaster since the Hindenburg.

Donati needs to announce that he is forfeiting all the remaining games on the schedule, cancelling all football scholarships and launching a do-or-die "Hire Nick Saban" campaign beginning Monday morning.

I can't believe you guys don't see the superior wisdom of these football geniuses who are undoubtedly much more highly qualified experts than Sonny Dykes, Kendal Briles and Joe Gillespie combined.

You people need to get with the program and demand action!

Oh, and please don't miss the sarcasm...

Go Frogs!

FloridaFrog76129

I think its a bit premature to talk about firing people at this point. I know we suck and its clear this team is not well coached but you can't just knee jerk fire people like that.

What if we fired GP after the Northwestern State loss in 2001, or after the Cincinnati loss to open the year in 2002 after the subpar 2001 season.

With all that being said I am very concerned with what I am seeing. It's not like we are losing because the other team has better players. In 2013 we went 4-8 but it was a respectable 4-8 because we just didn't have the depth or players yet in the Big 12, but we were in every game, the defense played very well, and the guys fought hard. I still think we finished 27th in ESPN's FPI that year despite the 4-8 record. Lots of close 1 possession losses and in 2014 we were able to build on the previous year, flip the results of those 1 possession losses and win the conference.

2023 however is not 2013. We have put more talent out on the field in every game this season compared to our opponents. What I am seeing is the basics and fundamentals not being executed. That means the coaching staff needs to be on a shorter leash than what would typically be called for. No one is being fired or replaced during or after this year except maybe Briles (I never saw it as a good fit) but there needs to be signs of improvement in 2024 and close 2023 with something to build on.
GP got fired after he was smoked by lesser quality teams 3-4 times in a year…we are at that point already with losses to Colorado and ISU / WVU.

Probably losses to WVU / Tech and maybe Baylor on deck

FrogBall09

2023 isn’t 2001 either - especially as far as Dykes and the rest of our staff is concerned

FrogBall09

Clearly, all you guys who don't think TCU should fire the entire staff immediately don't know anything in comparison to the many kf.c football savants who insist this is the biggest disaster since the Hindenburg.

Donati needs to announce that he is forfeiting all the remaining games on the schedule, cancelling all football scholarships and launching a do-or-die "Hire Nick Saban" campaign beginning Monday morning.

I can't believe you guys don't see the superior wisdom of these football geniuses who are undoubtedly much more highly qualified experts than Sonny Dykes, Kendal Briles and Joe Gillespie combined.

You people need to get with the program and demand action!

Oh, and please don't miss the sarcasm...

Go Frogs!
If only being smarter and more qualified than fans on a forum was the measuring stick for Sonny

Unfortunately for him and the staff - they are supposed to be better than most of the other coaches in the P5 - and they aren’t

Cougar/Frog

Mad Max covered up a lot of weaknesses. CM was the starter and the Frogs would not have played in the CFP if had remained uninjured.

Lil Briles just isn't a great OC. It was a bad hire. His BIL looks like he is a much better OC there at OU.

TCU should make a run at Brennan Marion, OC at UNLV, and his Go-Go offense. It is very run heavy and interesting. He will likely move on after this season and either be a G5 head coach or a P5 OC. The offense would really fit in with TCU.

Latest posts