• The KillerFrogs

Who is Johnathan Gray?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
UT boards creaming in their pants today....

http://texas.247spor...than-Gray-23191

Funny that so many people solely define a high school kid by their football stats. This is a great kid and son of two great parents Tonya & James Gray. He is a student at Aledo High School and from all accounts a straight up good person.

I have never met Johnathan so not here to offer any great insight but I know many on this board have followed him closely over the years. It was 2314 who kept saying 3 years ago to watch for Johnathan Gray, the best back in Texas. He was wrong, the best back in the country. But this kid has a huge burden he will carry whereever he lands, however thanks to having a strong father & son relationship he will be a lot better equipped to handle it than most.

Best of luck to Johnathan & his family and I know that this has got to be tough decision but one I am sure they will be happy to have past them.

Big Frog II

From all accounts he is a great kid, and that's why he will fit in at TCU so well. I just don't believe he is the type who would enjoy playing at the University of Prima Donnas-Austin.

HFrog1999

nervous_stockxpertcom_id378796_size1_496_1.jpg

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
To bad it's going to be Texas.

That's fine and you are not offering any great insight with that comment. I think he'll succeed at whichever program he choses because he has had such great leadership from where it counts. Certainly I think he'd do better in Fort Worth but we will never truly know that answer no matter where he decides and yes UT seems to be the odds on favorites by a long shot.

However, there is still some hope...

He will be a plus to any program both on and off the field.

Baja Frog

Best of luck to young Johnathan in whatever decision he makes.

I know the odds are against me but I still have this gut feeling deep down he is going to choose TCU.

Let's hope I'm right!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
From folks I trust in Aledo, he is picking Texas. We will survive.

Really didn't bring this up for debate on which school, just thought that if I was going to write a piece on "Who is Johnathan Gray" I might include some things about his personal life, what are his hobbies, maybe favorite subjects in school, what he wants to study in college, etc. Lucky his dad played football at Tech or he might have been glanced over.

Scarface

From folks I trust in Aledo, he is picking Texas. We will survive.

Most people are going to quess that he goes to UT.
If he has made up his mind, why is he waiting?
Why can't we just take him at his word?
He says he is still deciding!
Let him take as long as he wants, it's only April.
We are the only private school that he is still looking at, which means to me we still have a good chance.

Go Frogs!

Shaboozie

Really didn't bring this up for debate on which school, just thought that if I was going to write a piece on "Who is Johnathan Gray" I might include some things about his personal life, what are his hobbies, maybe favorite subjects in school, what he wants to study in college, etc. Lucky his dad played football at Tech or he might have been glanced over.

Why are so many on this board personally vouching for Johnathan Gray. He's a high school athlete. I don't care what his hobbies are, favorite subjects in school, favorite color or the best topping on his banana split...

The only thing that truly concerns me is whether he'll contribute to an already successful program. If he chooses Texas, then again, we don't need to talk about his preferences in winter coats and where he likes to sit in the classroom.

LVfrog

I, like everyone else, hope he picks the Frogs but I'm not going to worry over his decision. TCU will be fine whether this young man comes here or not. I can't wait for him to make his decision so then we can start concentrating on some other great kids who might have as big an impact as Johnathan would.

GO FROGS

89dallasfrog

In the big picture, his decision is a lot more important for him than it is for TCU. Would be great to win a NC with him, but we can and will do it anyway.

AggieAngst

Many here on this board (like Mr OMNI-IMPOTENT for example) think that sniffing the jock of a 16 year old recruit and getting info on every detail of that teeney booper's life is somehow being a good PURPLE, when in actuality it is really creepy !!

I doubt Jonathan Gray would be happy with the obsessive focus on his every move and the constant sniffing of his jockstrap by guys 20 and 30 yrs older than him. Some guys here would put their nose up a Jon Gray's butttt and keep it there for months if they could. And they would be honored to put their nose up his rear end to get some details and they would actually think they were performing a service for FrogLand. Grown men embarrassing themselves, bowing down to a 16 yr old, and acting like this to a teeney bopper? Hilarious !!

Kind of RETARDED actually, definitely WEIRD, and for sure very CREEPY !! Cant some of you guys sniff a jock of someone more your own age? Egads !!

Why are so many on this board personally vouching for Johnathan Gray. He's a high school athlete. I don't care what his hobbies are, favorite subjects in school, favorite color or the best topping on his banana split...

The only thing that truly concerns me is whether he'll contribute to an already successful program. If he chooses Texas, then again, we don't need to talk about his preferences in winter coats and where he likes to sit in the classroom.